Author Topic: Kraft Foods Magazine  (Read 855 times)

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Kraft Foods Magazine
« on: September 03, 2009, 08:21:36 AM »
Recently I received my latest issue. In it is a simple recipe for meatballs. I made it up and used a meatball scooper to shape them. I got 60 and put 8 in a snack bag for meals for Pete and I. I figured I could use spaghetti sauce, barbecue sauce, and a mushroom/brown gravy for different meals.

2 pounds of hamburger (I used 96/4)
1 box of chicken flavored Stove Top Stuffing mix (I used pork stuffing)
1 1/4 cups water (I used 1 3/4 C or you could use tomato juice for some or all of the liquid)
2 eggs (I used 3)
And I added minced dehydrated onions.

I layed the uncooked meatballs on a cookie sheet and baked at 400' for about 15 minutes or until they start to brown. Freeze for up to 3 months.

Offline mondotomhead

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 18/05/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Kraft Foods Magazine
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 11:28:18 AM »
Ester,

I used to get this magazine and I loved the recipes in it.  They had one for meatloaf using the stovetop and it was fantastic.  If fact, I still make it.  They use alot of the Kraft dressings (well, or course!) for cooking in and pouring over.  I was amazed at how good some of them taste.  I've tried to re-sign up so I could keep receiving the magazine but they say I'm already registered yet I still don't get the magazine.

Offline Kittyzee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 01:42:24 PM »
I get the mag too, and for a while I wasn't.  They were sending email magazines trying to phase out the hard copy of it.  I don't know about you, but there's nothing like a hard copy of food magazine to see the recipes, and have it for years to go back to.  I phased out my email magazine, I figure if Kraft isn't making enough money selling products to send me a free magazine (their idea, not mine) then I'll also cancel my hardcopy subscription if they start charging for it.   Just my take on it...they have good, fast recipes IMO.   :)
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 02:29:06 PM »
I think they have started charging. My opinion is that they have a right to charge the person who wants the magazine, not charge everybody who buys their products so that I can have a magazine. I will not pay for it though. I have a closet full of cookbooks.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"