Author Topic: Kittyzee  (Read 1917 times)

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Kittyzee
« on: October 14, 2009, 05:41:28 PM »
How is Maren doing? We haven't heard anything since she came home. Hope that is a good sign.

Offline Kittyzee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Kittyzee
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 05:55:59 PM »
Thanks for asking Esther.. :)  She is doing very well, the doctors are all scratching their heads that she has relatively NO PAIN.  Basically, after her first week home from the hospital, she quit taking pain meds.  I was a little concerned about long term pain med use, because they were very high powered meds.  But when you're in pain they work, when you're not--they do other things that aren't beneficial.   Her wheel chair has been returned (about 3 weeks ago) and she is driving again.  She was a little nervous about this, especially about her neck, but wore her collar while in the car for quite a while.  She was a very lucky person with all of her broken bones and fractures that she had no bruises, cuts, head trauma, or organ damage. 

The docs have looked at her x-rays and scans and asked her if she drank a lot of milk--her reply--she never drinks it.  But she has always been very active to the point of over-doing (imagine that!!) which has probably helped her to develop strong muscles and bones and saved her little butt this time... ;)

I kind of miss taking the girls to school and picking them up, but sometimes I go in and go with Maren and surprise them... ::)  But life sure got easier not running two households and taking care of lots of extra people.  I am so thankful for her healing and fast recovery and for the many prayers and well wishes from people on the forum.  The gifts that you and others sent were such thoughtful gifts that were made and bought with loving hearts....thank you all very much!   o(:-)   :hug: 
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 07:18:52 PM »
What an amazing story. I'm so glad she is doing so well. It's good for the girls to see Mommy healed. I think it is scary for kids to see their parents hurting, even when Granny is filling in.

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 07:43:56 PM »
Good news!  I am sure the past month has drained you. Take care of you too.
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

Offline Bullfrog

• Members
  • With us since: 28/04/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2009, 06:14:44 AM »
This is good to hear, I'm glad that she is doing so well.

Never leave your partner, especially in a fire.

Offline mascot

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 16/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2009, 06:34:11 AM »
I know I get so caught up in my own stuff that I forget about these things.  Glad she's doing better and regaining her courage, thanks Esther for the reminder.

best....
I'm broke and can't afford to pay attention, so you might have to lend me an ear.

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2009, 06:55:38 AM »
Thanks all.  I really appreciate your well wishes... :) 

It is good that she healed so quickly.  I keep stressing the point that she needs to take care of her body better if she wants to stay out of a wheel chair when she gets older.  Older to her seems a long way away, but we all know how fast it comes right?   :o  And it is good that the girls watched her heal and know that everyone who goes into the hospital doesn't die, but they heal, get better, and come home to lead productive lives.  They were very good for me, (they always are), and settled down to a routine--but they are here a lot anyway and this is like a second home to them.  They calll our house "Yellow House", it is a living thing to them and they miss her if they haven't been here for a few days.  :D  They have their own room, with their stuff in it and they love helping DH with the chores, especially feeding the cattle.

Everything on a farm with animals is very routine, cattle get fed at certain times (I suppose this also stems from us having dairy for so many years) and the girls know what to expect at any given time.  This is their "safe place" in a world of uncertainty.  School in itself sometimes is anxiety producing with the attitudes and bullying of parents and peers.  Life is slower here and they can relax and be their silly, goofy, "little-girl" selves.   8)

Suddenly, I feel the need to sniff their little heads and snuggle....... ::)
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2009, 07:17:14 AM »
Luann, you are so fortunate to have them close. It seems like so many families separate over the years due to education. The kids can't find work in the field they are trained for, so they go away to find a job. I'm lucky too as all our kids are within a 45 minute drive.

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2009, 10:17:04 AM »
Yes I am, and I know it.   ;)   o(:-)
LuAnn

Offline Jerry

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2009, 12:13:08 PM »
Don't kids heads smell good?  I am sure I can tell them apart blindfolded.  Mine, not yours! @O@
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2009, 01:03:31 PM »
Yes Jerry!  I could tell mine apart blindfolded too!!  I am a very "scent" oriented person and Maren says I have a nose like a blue-tick hound dog.  Detected a gas leak in the  house when we first moved in and the guys at the fire department have sent me looking for suspicious smells reported in buildings (not smoke-filled ones)  :D and gas leaks outside.  I can usually pin point the area it's coming from.   :D
LuAnn

Offline jw

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 22/02/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2009, 03:39:48 PM »
Glad to hear the news that Maren is doing so well  @O@

Offline Jerry

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2009, 10:01:29 PM »
My wife says, LuAnn, we are very primitive!
My knuckles drag on the ground at times @O@
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"