Author Topic: Table decor for the 50th anniv party (what cha think)  (Read 1411 times)

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Table decor for the 50th anniv party (what cha think)
« on: April 17, 2008, 08:31:31 PM »
Just trying to find something different than mints and nuts. Picture these in shiney gold wrappers.  Coins with the wording embossed (guess that's how I would phrase it)(this is the front and back view).  Thought these would be cute laying on the tables instead of that confetti stuff, and the people can eat them too. 

I wanted to do M&M's, but my goodness that would have cost me like 400.00, this was 117.00 with shipping for 350 coins. 

Kim

« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 10:32:26 AM by Ky Kim »

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Table decor for the 50th anniv party
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 08:43:05 PM »
Too Cool!  Great idea!

Offline Kat

• Trade Count: (176)
  • Members
    • View Profile
Re: Table decor for the 50th anniv party (what cha think)
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 04:55:13 AM »
Good idea.  Are you going to have napkins & such printed up for the event?
Kat

There is never enough room for all of the water lilies that I want ;-)

Offline Joyce

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • location: Southold, North Fork, Long Island, New York, Zone 7B
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2008, 05:17:44 AM »
Very cool! O0
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

“Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature.
It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2008, 09:29:40 AM »
Hard to believe it costs that much. Have you ever tried doing molded chocolates? I have done them for maybe 15 years, mostly for immediate family things. But the summer my oldest got married, so did a lot of his friends and I did 5 receptions that summer. I have an old electric fondue pot and it works great to hold the temp steady.

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2008, 10:40:20 AM »
Esther, that sounds great.  However with the hours I work I just don't have the time to get it done.  My sister really doesn't either.

Nah, on the printed napkins.  Gonna keep the cost as low as I can, just for my sisters sake.  With her having fought so much with getting custody of her grandson, she's kind of tapped out from the lawyers.

She asked me how much the coins were and when I told her she said what?.  I told her don't worry about it, its on me.  I just split the cost of everything else with you.

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2008, 12:47:15 PM »
It will make your celebration special because it is so unique. So nice of you guys to make this a special day for your folks.

Our 24th is this summer (second marriage for both of us) and DH is planning on getting me either another diamond or something done to the set I have. On our 10th I got a diamond "wrap" for the original engagement diamond. On the 15th I got a ---well not exactly matching but I wear it beside the first one, ring with 10 princess cut diamonds--smallish. Then on 20 we had the original engagement diamond removed and a larger one put in. So we'll see what happens on the 25th. Our kids aren't into stuff like silver celebrations I don't think. Come to think of it, neither is Pete.

For my dad and mom, I made molded white chocolates. They were tinted peach and pale lavendar. I forget what flavors I put in them. Maybe peach and grape.

Offline curimao58

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/11/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2009, 02:43:39 AM »
try the country club in Carrollton. Nice and affordable but the scheduling is tricky
disability is a curse but I being a disabled know that disability aids could make it easier!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"