Author Topic: Just to show you  (Read 1662 times)

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Just to show you
« on: November 15, 2006, 04:59:04 PM »
that you are not the only one with a mess in your house. Here is the condition of our front bath right now. The cupboards will not be in for three more weeks.

The toilet ended up sitting in the laundry room and the boxes stacked at the base is the tile. The three drawer piece is what is left of the original vanity. My stepson has the rest of it.

I think I already showed you the tile and oak trim.

Smokey is so ashamed of the mess in the dining room. DH emptied out the pantry to access the attic to move some wiring and this where the contents ended up.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 10:20:46 AM by Esther »

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Just to show you
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 05:15:13 PM »
Kind of looks like my bathroom right now.  We're in the middle of redoing it, we haven't got to the part of yanking out the toilet and vaniety yet....but that's coming.  Our problem is, its got to be a day when we can devote the day, we only have one bathroom.  I'm sure our neighbor would let the kids use his, but still....

But, I can honestly understand.  Wish we could just wiggle our noses and fix it quick. 

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline jclements

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • In the Garden Photoblog
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 05:47:32 PM »
Oh, this looks ALL TO FAMILIAR. I'm *so* glad I'm not the only one!!!!

Thanks for sharing, Esther!
Jessica
Dallas, TX
Photoblog:  http://jessicaclements.wordpress.com

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2006, 06:02:09 PM »
Been there, done that only kitchen not bath yet. Really like that tile and oak trim.
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2006, 06:12:04 PM »
I'm a shower person, but that looks like a tub I could soak in. {nono}  Nice mess.... :P
American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline tracey_shafer

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2006, 07:22:27 PM »
Esther even your mess looks neat.. lol

Offline karen J

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • Karen's Frog Pond
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2006, 09:14:14 PM »
I'm with tracey_shafer- your mess does not look messy at all. Very organized and logical. Thanks for posting the pics. The tile you picked is very similar to the tile my Sister has picked for her bathroom renovation. Nice.  O0

Our mess is a lot less messy today, as the (very nice) workers are cleaning as they go. They actually have a great system for cleaning up all the small bits of debris/nails/etc and it seems like it only takes a few minutes at the end of the day. It is precisely because they are cleaning as they go that they only have a tiny bit to do at the end. Got a lot of good tips just watching them.  (8:-)
Karen
Northern Illinois, zone 5

http://www.pbase.com/karenfrogpond

Offline barb

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Connecticut
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2006, 04:25:50 AM »
Well, you have to break a few eggs to make an omelette.   ;)  We've been through that too, and are about to start on another bathroom project.  I bet it will look great when it's finished, please share pics with us. 

Offline tammie

• Trade Count: (20)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2006, 07:01:57 AM »
Looks like my bathroom right now... Only hubby and I are still arguing on how it's going to be redone.  Scary thing with that is that 15 years ago we couldn't agree on what type of window would go in the entry way... and there still is no window there!  Just screen stapled over the opening...  I'm very worried about the bathroom...
I wish my mess looked as "nice" as yours!
Tammie

GAJen

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2006, 08:46:00 AM »
Ah, ya'll are putting me in the mood to knock out a wall and extend the LR.

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2006, 10:26:49 AM »
The counter in the laundry room has to have space left for Mittens to access the kitty litter box and the other side of the counter is where her feed dish sits. So that explains the neatness there.  And in the dining room, he/we had to leave room to walk through there to get to the living room so at least part of the floor is clear. One thing I did accomplish though. I went through the junk that was in the pantry and sorted out the unnecessary stuff to give to our grown kids or Goodwill. Anybody want a bread maker and assessories? Cindi?

Offline Kristin F.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 16/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2006, 03:58:50 PM »
Oh my, that sure brings back memories.. I did remodel my bathroom last summer.

Esther, soon the waiting will be on end and your cupboards will be in - maybe before Christmas?
Hopefully you will share photos with us when you are finished.

Obviously it is a LOT of work - phew .. good luck :)
The tiles and oak work look great!
zone 8a

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2006, 06:07:28 PM »
Oh right Kristin. I remember when you did your bathroom. It was tiny so I think much harder to do. The only thing I'll do in mine will be the tile work and decorating. DH is a plumber and in construction so much that he tackles most anything. He had to haul the Jacuzzi tub out of there to redo the floor under it. He said it wasn't much fun taking it out and putting it back. Poor man.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"