Author Topic: ? for Olympus C700 UZ series users  (Read 2629 times)

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
? for Olympus C700 UZ series users
« on: May 07, 2007, 06:44:46 PM »
Every time I upload photos from my camera they always have the same number as previous photos and I have to manually rename them.  >:( When you are uploading hundreds of photos at a time, this gets to be a huge pain in the rear.  >:(-

Does anyone know how to make the camera use different numbers? why doesn't it use the date?
This really drives me crazy.  :D

I leave photos on my xd cards for months because of this issue.
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline Bonnie

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: ? for Olympus C700 UZ series users
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 07:36:25 PM »
I have the 740 which I've not used for awhile because I use my Kodak instead but I don't believe I ever had that problem.
HUM.....

Offline maryvonne

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • My photo albums
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 08:00:23 PM »
My camera takes two types of cards, one of them being the Olympus xd. I don't have any problems so it must be the camera. Have you gone through the set up in the camera? or has something been changed there by accident? Is this a new problem or the way it's been since new?
Sorry I don't have any answers just more questions. I hope you manage to resolve this. It must be very frustrating.

maryvonne
Maryvonne
Surrey B.C.
Canada

zone 7-8

Offline Timgod

• Trade Count: (21)
  • Members
  • Houston, Texas Zone 9
  • With us since: 13/09/2006
    • View Profile
    • Timgods Graphics
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 09:02:35 PM »
Here is the info you need... straight from your camera's manual.

P.S. Don't reset when you empty the card.

Tim
On a quest for the elusive lilies...

Offline Timgod

• Members
  • Houston, Texas Zone 9
    • View Profile
    • Timgods Graphics
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2007, 09:04:50 PM »
The forum automatically resizes it down evidently. Just save to your computer and then open. You will be able to read it easier.

Tim

Offline Sean

• Tropical Waterlily Guru
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
    • Sean's Ponds & Patio Garden
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2007, 11:24:09 PM »
I also have the Olympus 740 Ultra Zoom and I just cut and paste the 100olymp file to my desktop which also deletes it from the memory card. I then save the filename as something I will remember.

Easy Peasy...

Cheers,
Sean
Vancouver BC Zone 8B
...........Click my Gif's............

Offline Timgod

• Members
  • Houston, Texas Zone 9
    • View Profile
    • Timgods Graphics
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2007, 06:49:16 AM »
Now about all of those old pix with the same names. They can be renamed easily with the RJH Extensions software.
The download is free.
You just select a whole group of items in Windows explorer, Right click, rename... then type what you want them to be along with a numbering convention that you want.

I've been using it for years.
One of the best freebies for your everyday computer usage.

http://www.rjhsoftware.com/rjhextensions/

Tim

Offline LeeAnne151

• Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2007, 08:29:35 AM »
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
I tried reading the camera manual online at the Olympus site but couldn't find what I was looking for. I don't think I know how to correctly navigate large documents on Adobe Reader. Therefore, I don't use them much. I don't know how to get from page to page without scrolling.

I actually have the 750 but assume the situation is the same. I am not familiar with choosing auto or reset and it is entirely possible I never went through the set up on the camera in the first place.

OK, found set up. It has a selection for All Reset which was on so I turned it off. Hope that was it.
I also set the date and time which were never set in the first place.

I am not good with menus that have functions buried behind other functions if that makes sense.

For example, in my old Corolla the trip meter was a separate button and I used it all the time to check gas mileage etc. In my new Corolla it is "behind" the odometer so I have to push the button twice and I have almost never used it.

Control Alt Delete and Control P are the only keyboard functions I use on my computer. LOL

I have never explored the manual functions of this camera. I don't know how. I never learned to use a SLR, I've always had point and shoot cameras. Every photo I've taken has been on one of the automatic settings on the dial on top. It does such a good job that I've just never figured out anything else.

I've had this camera almost four years and never set the date. Good grief. I have really struggled with the uploading. I mean really struggled with major frustration. No clue why I didn't ask earlier. I knew many others had this camera or others in the series.

Krista tried to show me how to use it like another drive and just drag and drop and I didn't figure it out. I bought a card reader but still use Camedia software to transfer the pics and to store them in folders.

I have dug out the basic manual that came with the camera and am going to read the entire thing again. My eyes glaze over when numbers are part of the reading.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 08:47:22 AM by LeeAnne151 »
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Offline maryvonne

• Members
    • View Profile
    • My photo albums
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2007, 11:42:15 AM »
LeeAnne,
I have the same issues with manuals, but with my new camera I sat down and read the manual many times over before using it and it made a world of difference.
I hope you have resolved your problems. 

Maryvonne
Maryvonne
Surrey B.C.
Canada

zone 7-8

Offline LeeAnne151

• Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2007, 03:11:57 PM »
The camera comes with a small manual that isn't in depth. This issue isn't in it. The full manual is on the cd or online but it is 200 + pages and I have trouble navigating it.

I have ordered the full manual from Olympus, it is only $10. Better be the whole 238 pages not the dinky one that came with the camera.

I did scroll all the way to page 157 or whatever it was and find out where to set the switch to Auto instead of Reset on the file and photo numbers so the problem should now be fixed. I also kept the Auto Reset to Off so it won't reset to factory defaults every time it is turned off.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 03:41:08 PM by LeeAnne151 »
~LeeAnne~

Robert A. Heinlein

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2007, 06:00:29 PM »
I have the same camera as Sean, I've never had that problem either.  I  o(:-) my camera.

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline Jonna

• Members
  • With us since: 03/09/2006
    • View Profile
    • Blah... blah... blah... Ginger!
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2007, 07:47:17 PM »
LeeAnne,

If you have Adobe Reader 7 or so, look at the bottom right of the page where there are icons. Hold the cursor over them until the notes come up and make sure you are on the one that says Single Page - it's the farthest left one in my copy.  Then you have a couple ways to move around page by page instead of scrolling. 

At the far left are tabs, if one says Bookmarks, click that and you can click on places in the Table of Contents (usually) and go directly there. 

OR, click the tab that says Pages and icons for every page will appear at the left with the page number under them, click to pick one. 

OR, at the bottom in the middle of the page is a box with "1 of 110" or some other numbers in it.  That means page 1 of 110 pages.  there is a right and left arrow next to it that you can use to move one page at a time.  The double right or left arrow will take you to the end or beginning of the document.  You can also highlight everything in that box and type in a page number and hit enter.

OR, under the View menu at the top menu bar there is an item called Go To, if you click that it will open a box where you can type the page number you want to go to.

I think the easiest way is either to use the bookmarks tab or the page tab (the first 2 I mentioned) as you can see where you are going and don't need to already know the page number.

Offline LeeAnne151

• Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2007, 09:55:07 AM »
Jonna,

I have copied your instructions and will keep them. Thank you.
~LeeAnne~

Robert A. Heinlein

Offline karen J

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • Karen's Frog Pond
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2007, 11:44:00 AM »
LeeAnne, Just a heads-up- the "All Reset" button needs to be unchecked every time you change batteries.

I have the same issue with my camera (740UZ), but resolved it a bit differently. When I plug it in to the computer, the Camedia software asks me where I want to put the pictures. I go to 'my pictures', right click, and choose "new folder". I name the folder with today's date. Then I transfer into the new folder.

(This may be just with my PC, but I click the "-" button next to "my pictures" to minimize, then click the "+" button. When it expands again, the new folder with todays date is displayed. Found that out the hard way).

So in the end, I still have a bunch of photos with the same number, but they're all organized by date in a different folder.  :D

I should probably get that manual too.  :thinking:
Karen
Northern Illinois, zone 5

http://www.pbase.com/karenfrogpond

Offline LeeAnne151

• Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2007, 03:22:06 PM »
Karen

I found how to change the file and number of the photos so they are consecutive rather than the same over and over, which will greatly reduce them all having the same name. They eventually start over but I think it is at 1 million.

Turn on the camera. Turn the dial to to the ladies head symbol (portrait)
I never knew that what symbol you have it turned to gave you different menus when you push OK but it does.

Then push the OK button to get the menu to come up, push the arrow to the right to get into Mode Menu then scroll down to Set Up (not card set up) then scroll through to the second page choose File Name and choose Auto.

I had thought of creating a different folder every time I uploaded but I have them organized by subject such as Cats, Pond 2007, Flowers 2007, Clematis etc. I liked that idea better than by date.

~LeeAnne~

Robert A. Heinlein

Offline karen J

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Karen's Frog Pond
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2007, 08:55:02 AM »
Wow. It worked! Thanks, LeeAnne.  :doh:

I'll post some pictures later.  :D
Karen

Offline LeeAnne151

• Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2007, 09:53:07 AM »
Timgod got me there. I needed the page before the one he posted too for it to make sense.

~LeeAnne~

Robert A. Heinlein

Offline Timgod

• Members
  • Houston, Texas Zone 9
    • View Profile
    • Timgods Graphics
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2007, 07:00:26 PM »
Sorry I didn't give you enough info.

Tim

Offline karen J

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Karen's Frog Pond
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2007, 07:20:02 PM »
Sorry I didn't give you enough info.

Tim

But if it weren't for you... the problem may not have gotten solved. I'm sorry, I should have thanked you as well.

Something really strange happened to me yesterday. Does anybody use XP? I had a folder of pictures that I had taken of the house (we're having a lot of work done). I plucked a few photos out to post here, but when I went back to get more they all disappeared. All of them are gone and I'm furious. They are not in the recycle bin.
So much work got done between yesterday and today, and I really wanted a record of it all.
Are they lost forever?
Karen

Offline Timgod

• Members
  • Houston, Texas Zone 9
    • View Profile
    • Timgods Graphics
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2007, 07:44:46 PM »
You might have accidentally dragged them to another folder. Do a search on the hard drive and look for the name that is on one of the missing pix.
For example if the pix missing start with IMG 3958.jpg for example you can search by that name.
You can also use wildcards in a search, to search for that exact same file but without knowing it's name for sure type in the following if you have a starting idea... **395**
If you need to, search in hidden folders etc.
You can also used advance options like when the file was created or modified.

If they were not deleted then odds are they got moved somewhere.

Tim

Offline karen J

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Karen's Frog Pond
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2007, 08:45:31 PM »
Tim, THANKS! That was what happened. Had to search advanced, by date modified and recovered about half of the pics. The most important half, so I'm happy.
Thanks again!
Karen

Offline Timgod

• Members
  • Houston, Texas Zone 9
    • View Profile
    • Timgods Graphics
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2007, 04:13:53 PM »
Glad to have been of service.

Tim

Offline FrankJScott

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 22/02/2023
    Years
    • View Profile
    • High Rated SLOT GACOR Info
Cool ASIAN2BET Info
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2024, 08:29:59 AM »
To the lady asking about rtp kode4d, jam slot pragmatic, rtp live join88, info rtp slot hari ini, rtp live dragon99, king999 rtp live, rtp slot hari ini pragmatic play, rtp anekaslot99, playking88 live, rtp livetoto88,  I highly recommend this awesome RTP ASIAN2BET details or bandar slot online indonesia, rtp stadium4d, rtp live slot pragmatic hari ini, rtp live pragmatic hari ini, rtp dragonslot99, jam gacor sihoki, info rtp gacor hari ini, rtp key4d hari ini, rtp live gacor, rtp pg soft live hari ini, and don't forget this additional resources for RTP ASIAN2BET advice alongside all rtp pragmatic play slot hari ini, rtp live vipslot77, rtp live vegasslot77, rtp live roma4d, jam gacor main slot, rtp slot hari ini live, rtp live mansion77, palace88bet live, rtp live sultanbet77, rtp live winstar4d, alongside all this get the facts on ASIAN2BET blog which is also great. Also, have a look at this cool ASIAN2BET link not to mention cek rtp slot pragmatic live, rtp live kedai69, rtp idn live, rtp live marvel77, rtp live pragmatic hari ini, rtp live toto88, rtp live slot pragmatic malam ini, slot rtp live hari ini, rtp live btv168, gates of olympus slot indonesia, and don't forget this bonuses about RTP ASIAN2BET details with live rtp slot hari ini, live rtp pragmatic play hari ini, rtp live egp88, link rtp slot hari ini, live rtp slot cnn, live rtp game slot, indoslot88 live, rtp live koin138, garena4d rtp, info rtp live hari ini,  for good measure. Check more @ Useful ASIAN2BET Info 63ec580

Offline FrankJScott

• Members
    Years
    • View Profile
Cool 7rajatogel Login Site
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2024, 05:30:54 PM »
To the person inquiring about jackpot judi slot online, judi slot online itu apa, slot game judi, judi slot no 1, judi online gacor, antara slot login, slot game, link jackpot online, judi slots, apa itu slot judi,  I highly recommend this recommended reading on 7rajatogel Login site or game judi slot online, game judi online slot, web judi online, judi indonesia, judi slot indonesia, idn judi, game judi online, indo judi, bet on slot, provider slot online, and don't forget this the original source on 7rajatogel Login link on top of game slot yang gacor, slot gameplay, account slot, web slot online, slot game indonesia, game online gacor, website game slot, slot virtual, nama situs judi slot online, casino game online, and don't forget this such a good point on 7RAJATOGEL site which is also great. Also, have a look at this one-time offer about 7RAJATOGEL blog alongside all judi online, slot fire, win1000x login, apa itu judi slot online, website judi terpercaya, link yang gacor, provider judi slot online, slot game apa, judi slot online indonesia, website judi indonesia, as well as this official statement about 7RAJATOGEL blog with slot yg gacor, website judi online, win1000x slot, judi jackpot, slot web, slot kaya, judi online77, no 1 slot, provider slot online, sini slot login,  for good measure. Check more @ Recommended ASIAN2BET Guide 5a35ec8

Offline FrankJScott

• Members
    Years
    • View Profile
Best ASIAN2BET Login Guide
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2024, 06:15:54 PM »
To the guy talking about toto slot judi, toto 4e, dewatogel singapore, online toto 4d, bandar judi togel, 4d toto 4d, online 4d toto, judi hongkong online, toto 4ds, singapore 4d slot,  I highly suggest this best ASIAN2BET blog or bandar togel bonus new member 30, 100 4d, judi 4d slot, idn live 4d, dewatogel slot online login, judi toto slot, 5505 4d, sdy slot 4d, main toto, situs togel idn, as well as this her response about ASIAN2BET tips and don't forget www 4d net m, 4d singapore login, judi 2d, dewatogel mobile, toto 4e, bandar online, bandar togel bri 24 jam, bandar judi togel, pembayaran 4d, 4d casino, as well as this use this link for ASIAN2BET Login site which is also great. Also, have a look at this great ASIAN2BET info and don't forget 4d casino, toto game online, t0gel online, 11 toto, toto login, bandar toto online, situs bandar judi, bandar togel deposit dana, ovo 4d, situs bandar judi slot online, and don't forget this updated ASIAN2BET Login link with bandar togel online, dewatogel slot online login, bandar toto online, 100 4d, dewatogel mobile, sdy slot4d, 4d singapore slot, cara menang toto, bandar judi terpercaya, online 4d toto,  for good measure. Check more @ Top 7RAJATOGEL Tips 2e164de

Offline FrankJScott

• Members
    Years
    • View Profile
Awesome ASIAN2BET Tips
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2024, 11:33:57 AM »
In response to the people asking about agen slot4d, bandar togel bonus deposit, cara main 4d online, bandar indotogel, bandar online slot, whatsapp 4d, bandar judi togel 4d, 4d toto, 4d toto online, cara main 4d,  I highly suggest this new ASIAN2BET advice or online 4d toto, judi 2d, website judi togel, agen macau, toto 2d, bandar togel online, cara menang toto, bandar togel terbesar dan terpercaya di indonesia, bandar togel idn, situs togel idn, alongside all this high rated ASIAN2BET Login details alongside all judi 4d online, bandar toto, bandar slot4d, pembayaran 4d, bandar togel online, bandar togel terbesar dan terpercaya di indonesia, tot9 4d, judi hk online, judi 4d, 4d malaysia online, alongside all this made my day about ASIAN2BET Login info which is also great. Also, have a look at this new ASIAN2BET blog and don't forget toto 4ds, toto 4d 4d, master wap, judi 2d, cara menang toto, bandar judi terpercaya di indonesia, cara main 4d, bandar slot 4d, 4d singapore slot, agen slot 2d, not to mention this go here on ASIAN2BET Login url with online 4d toto, slot judi toto, 4d org, bandar sgp online, toto game, bandar togel bonus deposit 100, cara menang toto 4d, dewatogel singapore, bandar online slot, cara main 4d online,  for good measure. Check more @ Useful DVLTOTO Website ec580_b

Offline FrankJScott

• Members
    Years
    • View Profile
Cool Daily Sport Predictions Site
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2024, 11:42:02 AM »
To the man talking about latest tennis news, mejor tenis pronosticos, best table tennis predictions today, tennis h2h picks against the spread, nfl & nba prediction news, nfl picks tomorrow, expert american football nfl predictions against the spread, free daily tennis predictions, mls predictions for today, tennis fantasy sports betting news,  I highly recommend this full article about best sport prediction link or mls news today, tennis picks of the day, daily predictions news for ice hockey nhl, daily predictions news for tennis, tennis picks for today, camel racing picks maker, mls computer picks, profitable camel racing picks, table tennis picks against the spread, tennis h2h picks maker, and don't forget this this site on updated sport prediction site not to mention mls predictions, crypto casino bonus codes, h2h stats picks each week, profitable nfl tips prediction strategy, expert cricket predictions against the spread, darts picks each week, tennis news & results today, best camel racing prediction model, ice hockey nhl picks each week, computadora tenis pronostico estrategia, on top of this great great sport prediction url which is also great. Also, have a look at this your input here on awesome sport prediction details on top of h2h stats predictions of the day, tennis predictions tomorrow, latest tennis h2h news, free baseball mlb picks today & tomorrow, nfl & nba predictions tomorrow, nfl tips news & results today, tenis pronosticos hoy & manana, cricket predictions today, cricket predictions today & tomorrow, best nfl tips predictions today, alongside all this new cool sport prediction link with baseball mlb picks monday night, table tennis picks this weekend, nfl tips picks of the day, mls predictions today straight up, ice hockey nhl picks each week, tennis predictions for tomorrow, best table tennis predictions today, baseball mlb picks, winning darts picks today, best ice hockey nhl prediction strategy,  for good measure. Check more @ Cool ASIAN2BET Login Info ec587_1

Offline FrankJScott

• Members
    Years
    • View Profile
Cool Togel Online Info
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2024, 04:57:14 PM »
To the guy talking about oppa togel, wetogel login, koji4d bandar togel, protogel rtp, totonesia rtp, bandar togel bonus deposit, rtp slot togelup, seven4d cc, rtp pesonatoto, nama nama agen togel,  I highly suggest this extra resources on situs toto tips or judi sgp com, rtp polo4d, nenektogel bandar slot, nombor togel, nama2 bandar togel, victory 4dp, toko4dcom, bandar togel deposit ovo, m totojt001 com, www totojitu com login, on top of this cool toto togel details as well as victory4dp com, komodo4d slot, daftar toto4d, bandar togel baik, no 6d hari ini, 8888 4d, ramalan 6d hari ini 2022, toto dan 4d, link magnum 4d, rtp goltogel hari ini, not to mention this his explanation for togel url which is also great. Also, have a look at this at bing on situs toto details on top of m4totojitu com, rtp kang toto, cara main toto, bandarklik88, angka togel akurat, cara menang toto 6d, togel along, iron4dslot, kps4d slot, togelhk online com, as well as this his response about togel online tips with rtp pesonatoto, rtp slot altogel, bandar toto, gitarseratus, rtp live towertoto, agen togel bank bjb, lotus4d4 bandar, m totojitu 8888 com, www bravotogel cc m, nenektogel bandar,  for good measure. Check more @ New TAJIR4D Tips 2e164de

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"