Author Topic: Dem nasty lil' critters...  (Read 1295 times)

Offline tranquility

• Trade Count: (72)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Dem nasty lil' critters...
« on: April 06, 2010, 11:14:18 AM »
are doin' the bump and grind today....as if I'm not busy enough  >:(- >:(-they couldn't wait just one more week?....anyone else got alot of pond cleaning to do in the near future too  ::)
Lawanna
Life is too short...... Live, Love, Laugh !!!!

Oklahoma-45 min. from Ganderville
Zone 7a :)

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Dem nasty lil' critters...
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 11:17:58 AM »
I will be repotting and fertilizing my lilies soon  :P I have cleaned out the bio-filters already and continuously monitor the koi pond water and the rain we have been getting.

Offline Zoe

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 21/04/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 11:27:49 AM »
I spent all of Sunday repotting the lilies that were in the lily pond that had the fish loss. I had taken them out and put them in a stock tank piled on top of each other. It had been almost a month.  I think I almost killed all the the tropicals by doing that.  I was curious  if anyone is fertilizing lilies yet? 

Offline Kat

• Trade Count: (176)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 11:33:23 AM »
Thought I had all the spring cleaning done but then my goldfish in the biggest lily pond told me their water was too dirty (they were hanging around the splashing from the pump).  Nearly drained the entire thing, caught about 20 fish that need a new home, & kept the 20 prettiest.  They are quite active today & happy with the cleaner water.  Saw some splashing around the plants, so I know they were "getting busy".

Found a tiny male leopard frog on top of a big momma.  Big clutch of frog eggs in another pond that are starting to hatch.

And of course when I wasn't trying to save goldfish eggs, I've found tiny new fry from some plants I pulled out of my covered ponds  {:-P;;

Luckily I got all my hardies divided & repotted with fertilizer the week of Spring Break.

So Lawanna I feel your fustration   ;)

Kat

There is never enough room for all of the water lilies that I want ;-)

Offline SueSTx

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 02:29:48 PM »
 :-\  I've been at mothers since February 27th.  She had heart surgery on March 10th.  I'll be here until April 15th at least. 

@O@  As soon as I get home I have to double time and get everything done.

Offline bunny56lbc

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 06:16:13 PM »
are doin' the bump and grind today....as if I'm not busy enough  >:(- >:(-they couldn't wait just one more week?....anyone else got alot of pond cleaning to do in the near future too  ::)
Lawanna

lol lol lol lol

Those dirty Wakins of mine have been pretty busy in the few lily pots in their pond...
cleaning days ahead for me too....bad fishies.. {nono}.. ;D

bonnie

Offline Julles

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2010, 07:54:30 PM »
I put my spawning mat in last Monday, but haven't seen any action, even after a partial water change a few days ago.  Usually they spawn in March.  The weather is just too weird this spring, though.  It's dropping into the 40*s again later this week! 

Oh, I did notice two of the box turtles doing the (somewhat awkward) bump and grind yesterday.  THAT's odd, too, since it's really a little too cool still for them to be carrying on like that.   {nono} 

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"