Author Topic: is this price unreasonable?  (Read 1169 times)

Offline greenthumbnails

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 19/07/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
is this price unreasonable?
« on: May 04, 2010, 07:45:11 PM »
I am looking at a stock tank $315 from Tractor Supply stores.  Its 625 gallons & 8 foot diameter, with a drain valve.  Only one sold in stores around here that is not the steel/metal kind.  Is this price unreasonable?
My next female cat will be called "Whata Lily"!

Offline Kat

• Trade Count: (176)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: is this price unreasonable?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 03:41:47 AM »
That is the same price TSC is charging for it here. 
Kat

There is never enough room for all of the water lilies that I want ;-)

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 05:39:29 AM »
Ouch! I got my 9' second handed and only paid $50.00 for it. If I find another one that is 8' or 9' for a low second hand price, I will get it. You never can get enough of them. You might be able to get a second hand one from a local koi club. One club that I know of of in Florida went from using the poly tanks to using the ones like the pipe framed Intex pools.
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline greenthumbnails

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 19/07/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 08:19:50 AM »
Ouch! I got my 9' second handed and only paid $50.00 for it. If I find another one that is 8' or 9' for a low second hand price, I will get it. You never can get enough of them. You might be able to get a second hand one from a local koi club. One club that I know of of in Florida went from using the poly tanks to using the ones like the pipe framed Intex pools.

Where abouts in Florida were they located?

My next female cat will be called "Whata Lily"!

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 05:53:23 AM »
OSH special ordered mine.  Rubbermaid 100 Gallons  $68.00. It does seem high.
Try OSH !
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 06:21:22 AM »

Where abouts in Florida were they located?

If you're asking which koi club, it was Gainesville Koi Club. If you want to let me know which city that you're in, I'll see if I know of any koi clubs near you.
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"