Author Topic: Papaver Somniferum Poppies Problems  (Read 779 times)

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Papaver Somniferum Poppies Problems
« on: May 24, 2010, 12:08:34 PM »
I'm having problems with my papaver somniferum poppies.  This happens every year and I need to know why the leaves go dry and crispy.  It still flowers but it does seem weak.  Flowers last a day before they blow away in the breeze.  I used to water them regularly with my bearded irises, which do not require all that much water except when it gets hot in the summer. 

The poppies are planted in the early Spring and they are pooped by June.  I do have plenty of seeds but only a few will grow every time.  Other varieties died after shooting out all kinds of leaves and a few flowers.  They look like torn brown paper bags in my flower beds.  :-\

What am I doing wrong?  Here are the last of the poppies.  :'(

Offline EagleEye

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • zone 5, Sauk City, WI
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Papaver Somniferum Poppies Problems
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 12:53:23 PM »
Can't answer your question, but I love those white and pink poppies o(:-)
Beautiful O0

Steve
My Biggest Worry Is That the other half (when I'm dead)  Will Sell My Fishing Stuff For What I Said I Paid For It

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"