Author Topic: Arc-en-ceil pads  (Read 1846 times)

Offline matherfish

• Trade Count: (75)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Arc-en-ceil pads
« on: June 10, 2010, 01:31:50 PM »
Although the Arc-en-ceil lily bloom is nice, most ponders keep it for its unusual and beautiful pads. Here is a sample.  Despite the water drops on the pads in the first picture, you can still see the colors of the pads. All of the pads in the pics are Arc-en-ceil, and on the same plant, just two different dates.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 01:34:28 PM by matherfish »

Offline tranquility

• Trade Count: (72)
  • Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Arc-en-ceil pads
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 01:37:44 PM »
Frank I see you made it back from your roller derby match  lol.....Yes its the leaves that caught my attention...Only if the flower were the color of say a Mayla or maybe fire opal--but have the same shape of bloom that it does now--Now that would make it a show stopper....
Lawanna
Life is too short...... Live, Love, Laugh !!!!

Oklahoma-45 min. from Ganderville
Zone 7a :)

Offline matherfish

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 01:58:00 PM »
Maybe someday, Lawanna, maybe someday!  ;D  Until then, we can dream of an Arc-en-ceil pad with a Mayla or Lilypons type bloom, even.

Offline SueSTx

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 02:21:12 PM »
I opened my box from Frank this morning and Hubby said, " what kind of lily is that with the pretty leaves?"

I like it too.

Offline tranquility

• Trade Count: (72)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 03:12:31 PM »
Maybe someday, Lawanna, maybe someday!  ;D  Until then, we can dream of an Arc-en-ceil pad with a Mayla or Lilypons type bloom, even.
Frank have you ever thought about working on that? oh but, gosh--I'd hope it would bloom more often that lilypons--I love my lilypons but, it only blooms here and there..
Lawanna
Life is too short...... Live, Love, Laugh !!!!

Oklahoma-45 min. from Ganderville
Zone 7a :)

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2010, 06:25:17 PM »
Bryan (Bearb) gave me one small Arc en ceil that he had left over. I didn't know what the hype was about them but now I know. New pads have came to the top and they have the pink spots.
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2010, 08:07:49 PM »
heheh lawana... glad he survived another roller derby also.  I wondered what the hype was also as the bloom wasnt that specatular to me now I see.

tink

Offline Bearb

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 29/08/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2010, 07:31:05 AM »
Glad you like it Scott. Did that tiny little bud bloom yet?
Bryan

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2010, 10:47:18 AM »
Glad you like it Scott. Did that tiny little bud bloom yet?

Bryan, I didn't notice a bud on it. My experiences with dividing lilies is that if I divide one with a bud, the bud dies off until the plant gets established in it's pot.
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline matherfish

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2010, 07:39:42 AM »
Here is the plant this year with a true Arc-en-ceil bloom. Sorry for the floating crown in the pic, but I had divided the plant and had not taken the division out to ship yet. Didn't notice it until I decided to post the pic.  ;D Let's you see the coloration of the pads, with the red, green, yellows, etc.

Offline SueSTx

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2010, 08:57:24 AM »
When I unboxed mine Thursday, Hubby says, "What kind is that with the pretty leaves?"

Bless his heart, he loves the blooms and will help with the lifting etc., but he isn't into growing flowers.

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2010, 08:59:21 AM »
Oh I didn't know that about the Arc pads. I need a white blossom and the unusual pads would be a nice addition....WHoops, is it a trop? If so, that's out.

Offline matherfish

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2010, 09:15:47 AM »
Esther, guess what?   It is a hardy!  @O@

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"