Author Topic: What do you do  (Read 928 times)

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
What do you do
« on: May 31, 2010, 09:19:31 AM »
first thing in the morning when you are staying at Grandma's. Why go out and play with the toadpoles  

you caught yesterday and left in a bucket overnight. You must gather algae and give them a little fish food to feed them. Then you take the dead ones and have a funeral for them in the bird bath...I know, don't ask me why they put them in the birdbath... Eliana turned 9 in March and Maddie was 9 last November. They are the best kids, just play so well together and hardly ever disagree. I just told them they have to make their own lunches and you should have seen their eyes light up. I don't think their moms let them fend for themselves much in the kitchen. When they get done eating, we're going to make easy cookies.

1 package of white or yellow cake mix, 1 stick of melted oleo, and two eggs. Mix and add in 1 cup chocolate chips, nuts, craisins, coconut, crushed pineapple-----------whatever strikes your fancy.

Here's the girls making the cookies and Memorial day jello, red jello, blue jello with Cool Whip on top 

You can use chocolate cake mix and mint chocolate chips or peanut butter chips-----carrot cake with nuts and raisins, butter pecan with butterscotch chips and pecans. I like the cherry chip cake mix with white chocolate chips. Use your imagination.  Instead of making cookie shaped ones if I'm in a hurry, I grease my fingers well and press the dough into the cookie sheet and bake them all at one time into bars.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 12:51:00 PM by Esther »

Offline Indiana Karen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: What do you do
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 01:32:24 PM »
What pretty little girls all dressed in pink!  I am so looking forward to having grandkids, especially girls, since I had no daughters.  I think it would be so much fun to do all the cooking and crafty things with girls. 

The cookies sound good, I'll have to give them a try.  I just finished cutting up a watermelon and making cheesy potatoes for our cookout. 

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2010, 06:55:56 PM »
Karen, I had two boys, 4 nephews, two stepsons and a grandson 7 years before we finally got a girl. NO wait, gee I hope she doesn't read this. I do have a step daughter. Now we have 3 granddaughters. We have fun!!! Girls are more fun than boys.

Offline HOWELL

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 15/06/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 07:41:04 AM »
I think they put the tadpoles in the bird bath so they will follow the food chain... lol lol lol.
I will love to see them feeding the birds with dead tadpoles.....
Nice cookies BTW...they look yummy..
Scott I'll miss you buddy... :(

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"