Author Topic: Fires make you paranoid  (Read 960 times)

Offline livetogarden

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Fires make you paranoid
« on: June 11, 2010, 12:31:25 PM »
Since we had the house fire last Oct. DH (Rich) and I seem to be a bit jumpy about some things. Our son Quinn is an extremely sound sleeper and has a trucker alarm because he doesn't hear a regular alarm, this alarm may actually wake the neighbors from inside our house. Quinn was telling me that yesterday morning his alarm went off and Rich came bolting out of the bedroom and (Quinn's words) literally sprinting down the hallway in his shorts!! The dogs took off for the basement. Rich is yelling 'which fire alarm is it? Quinn...grab the animals and get out of here. Wake mom....I can't figure out which fire alarm it is!! Where's the fire??? GET OUT OF HERE!!!!!' Quinn started yelling "Dad!!! Dad!!! It's my waking alarm"
Poor Rich....he was in the kitchen by now reaching for the phone and fire extinguisher. Quinn said "I haven't EVER seen dad move that fast". And if you notice, I was not aware of this 'crisis' because my son inheritied his sleeping habits from me. I NEVER woke up. Afterwards we all got a good laugh and at least we know Rich can be roused from a sound sleep. I think we're all safe from burning up in a fire.  :)
zone 5b

Offline Kittyzee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Fires make you paranoid
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 01:12:41 PM »
Wow, poor Rich, that had to be really scary!   :o  Got that ole' adrenalin going didn't it?  I know what that feeling is--it keeps you alive.   O0
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 02:31:20 PM »
Awwww. That was scarey for him.

Offline Desertponder

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 12:27:57 PM »
I've never had a house fire but I'm jumpy from fighting other people's fires.

If I smell even a hint of smoke or something smells hot, I'm all over it looking for the source. If the house we live in caught fire it would probably go up in one big fast swoosh because its so old so I'm pretty paranoid.
Shanna
A true-blue kiddie pool, whiskey barrel & stock tank  ponder! :yes:
If it can hold water.....it's a watergarden!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"