Author Topic: Please Critique My Website  (Read 1270 times)

Offline Julles

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Please Critique My Website
« on: June 21, 2010, 08:48:15 AM »

Hi guys.  Your opinions, please!  Here is the link to my new website, which I'm paying a professional to design and operate.  He's ready to move to "building" it, whatever that means, and he wants my OK on these first pages.  I think it's pretty good, but would LOVE opinions from you all. 

The first page is going to have a photo that changes to a new image every few seconds, from traditional to really modern.  I'm not sure that feature is working at this time.  The "Services" page is up, and we will be adding more information, but keeping it short so readers don't need to scroll much.  There will eventually be a photo gallery, too. 

Please critique what's there right now.  THANKS!

http://wallpaperladyhouston.com/2010/index.html

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
Re: Please Critique My Website
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 09:06:14 AM »
Hi Julie!  It look pretty forthright to me.  The maroon panel in front of the chair will, no doubt have some copy on it.  It needs it. O0
Easy navigation too.
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline Julles

• Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 09:24:00 AM »
Yes, the four rotating photos will say something like, "From Traditional"  "To Subdued"  "To WOW!"   

Offline annsc_29710

• Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 01:05:39 PM »
The picture slide is not working yet. While I know you are not finished, don't forget to make sure your links don't send ppl to the same page. The site is looking great. Huge improvement. For me if I was looking on the internet it would make a difference whether I used a persons services in a big part to how well the site was arranged. LOL I can talk better than I type. BOL, Ann

Offline 2vetts

• Members
  • With us since: 18/08/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 04:25:27 PM »
maam ,with all due respect the picture looks like it was from a room in 1890's or earlier . we are dealing with an 'upscale' decorator at the present time and she was here this week with textiles i felt were from the same era and ask my opinion so i told her ''they are horrid'' . ''beauty is in the eye of the beholder'' as we both know but if i were looking for a wallpaper 'person' or a decorator i would look elsewhere after seeing your opening picture . yes , it's short sighted of me but [another cliche ,sorry] ''you only get one chance to make a first impression'' . i mean this to be helpful and not upsetting ,hope you view it that way . lastly , remember that i am a nobody and am not often listened to [especially at home] but i'm sometimes correct . ..good luck and peace to you ......ps. do you ever work in ohio . 

Offline Bearb

• Members
  • With us since: 29/08/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2010, 03:31:14 PM »
I would move the "view gallery" box (on the right) above the "read wallpaper blog" box. If I am shopping for a paperhanger, I want to see her work before I read her blog. It also matches the order you have displayed them in the top options banner. I like the way you have them laid out there. It is in order of importance to the customer. what type of links will be in the links section? Also, I haven't read your blog, but if you are going to put it up on your website, be careful how you word things. Don't complain about problem customers, instead highlight the challenges each job has faced and how they were met. . .
Bryan

Offline Julles

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2010, 05:59:53 AM »
Thank, guys. 

The photo is going to change quickly enough that that "old fashioned" pic will not be up very long; it will move in second or two to other styles of decor.

The blog is what I was using before having the website, so it essentially tells about the business - all the info I can't afford to have the webmaster put on the official website.  I did ask him to switch the positions of the gallery and blog.

The links will be to local dealers of wallpaper and other things useful to my clients.  A few will be to friends - lawyer, lawn service (the web designer's father's business  ;) )

Thanks for all your critiques and suggestions.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"