Author Topic: (PICS ADDED!) Ponders in Ohio--Green Vista's Ohio Water Lily Festival is  (Read 1920 times)

Offline Kittyzee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
today and tomorrow (Sat. and Sunday)!!  Bunny and Christy PM'd me and said they would be there--I would love to go and meet them--this would be my first time meeting people from AP--so I am trying to reearrange my schedule and go this afternoon.  Just a heads up if you live close enough for a short day trip even--come and wear your T-shirt!!!   8)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 07:02:16 PM by Kittyzee »
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline frogman3

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 21/05/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Ponders in Ohio--Green Vista's Ohio Water Lily Festival is
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 08:22:10 PM »
Dang, I was going today but changed my mind and plan on going tomorrow afternoon 1-3 , wish I would have seen this post earlier. I spent most of the day working on my ponds deadheading, cleaning up spent pads and fertilizing. >:(-

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 05:11:08 AM »
Bonnie, Christy, and I were wondering if you would be there Frogman!!  We did get to meet and talk a while, and then DH and I left before the koi auction.  They had huge, beautiful koi,,, 8-)~

I have a few pics to share and will try and post them later!   O0

Oh and Jerry---we recognized each other by our T-SHIRTS!!!!!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 05:52:41 AM by Kittyzee »
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 05:33:15 AM »
Sounds like a great day. Hope you all enjoy it.

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline Christy

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 26/11/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 09:30:40 AM »
It was a pleasure meeting ya LuAnn, they had some beautiful Koi there and some went really cheap. But it was so hot there. And of course i couldnt find my AP shirt.  >:(- But we had a great time there.

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2010, 11:26:59 AM »
I also enjoyed meeting you Christy, and Bonnie!   o(:-)  The heat really was horrid under that tent, it felt ten degrees cooler when I walked out of it, but there was actually a breeze moving which is probably why.... ::)  Did any of you buy koi, or plants, or lilies......?????   ::) :D
LuAnn

Offline bunny56lbc

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2010, 07:57:25 PM »
It was a pleasure meeting you LuAnn  , I bought a hardy waterlily but cannot remember the name of it right now...also
bought a tropical w.lily..Albert Greenberg . I did get a few butterfly koi ..forgot to get pictures for you LuAnn , they're in the QT tank .

bonnie

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2010, 08:10:03 PM »
I wanna see 'em!!!   I'll try and get my pics up, I also took some of the ponds at Green Vista too!   8)
LuAnn

Offline marla

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/02/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2010, 09:04:03 PM »
how fun that must have been, seeing AP members and all those beautiful lilies.....I use to have Albert Greenberg, sadly it rotted in winter storage.  Bonnie more NEW koi, well you will fill that pond up real fast.
Adopt the pace of nature;
Her secret is patience.
Town of Genesee, WI  zone 4

Offline KatFish

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Members
  • With us since: 20/05/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2010, 05:05:01 AM »
ARG!  I missed the post!  Next time  :'(

Offline frogman3

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 21/05/2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2010, 12:22:14 PM »
I ended up going on Sunday. Really wanted the tropical green smoke but resisted the temptation.
 Had a bulls eye on the Heron dart toss good for 50% off a fish. Wanted to stay for the Bingo since the prize was a $100.00 gift certificate but it was too hot and it didn't start for another 2 hours. I think Saturday is the day to go, it looked like they sold one heck of a lot of lilies.

Green Vista is where I purchased my Golden Orfes 2 years ago, seems they are having trouble purchasing them from the only US hatchery supplier which is located in Maryland. I sucessfully hatched some fry this spring so I may end up selling some back to them.

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2010, 12:38:22 PM »
It was fun frogman--and it wasn't overly crowded either which I like  :)  It may have become that way later on tho', I don't know. 

They really have a beautiful place and caters to every aspect of ponding--and knowledgeable people who work there that have never tried to rip me off... ;)
LuAnn

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
    • View Profile
The first two pics are of their largest pond with koi and lilies

The second pic is of their pondless waterfall

Victoria lily (complete with thorns) it's HUGE!
LuAnn

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"