Author Topic: Waterlily Festival Saturday - Ontario, Canada  (Read 817 times)

Offline emm

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 16/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Waterlily Festival Saturday - Ontario, Canada
« on: July 08, 2010, 06:20:15 PM »
Thought some of you might be interested to know that Burns Water Gardens near Cobourg, Ontario is holding an all day Waterlily Festival this Saturday (July 10).  They have a huge collection of hardy lilies and will be giving tours of their nursery and lily beds.  Rowena Burns and her husband Bob have been growing waterlilies for many years and Rowena was at one time president of the IWGS.  They are very friendly and knowledgeable and their waterlilies are fabulous!  I have bought a number of aquatic plants from them as well as my hardy Helvola and Jean Marie waterlilies and the quality is excellent.  I hope to be able to go down to see the ponds on Saturday.  I'd like to buy another lily too but I am going to have to choose carefully as I am running out of room in my pond!  You all know how that happens.

Here's the link for you:
http://www.burnswatergardens.ca/WaterlilyFestival.html

I don't have any connection to Burns Water Gardens, just another happy customer.  :)
emm

Offline maryvonne

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • My photo albums
Re: Waterlily Festival Saturday - Ontario, Canada
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 10:26:09 PM »
Sounds like fun. Wish I lived closer!

Maryvonne
Maryvonne
Surrey B.C.
Canada

zone 7-8

Offline Sean

• Tropical Waterlily Guru
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
    • Sean's Ponds & Patio Garden
Re: Waterlily Festival Saturday - Ontario, Canada
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 11:10:29 PM »
I met Bob Burns at the Portland IWGS symposium back in 2002. A very nice and knowledgeable man.
He did invite me to visit any time but being in Vancouver, it's a long way to go for a quick visit. I hope to some day take him up on his offer.
I'm sure you will have a wonderful time Emm.

Cheers,
Sean
Vancouver BC Zone 8B
...........Click my Gif's............

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"