Author Topic: One Nice Thing  (Read 1280 times)

Offline KatFish

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Members
  • With us since: 20/05/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
One Nice Thing
« on: July 14, 2010, 06:00:34 PM »
I finally got a frog in my pond.  I want to be super excited, but really can't (see chit-chat).  I'm going to try to look at the frog as a sign of good to come.

Offline Pondering

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/03/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: One Nice Thing
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 06:53:47 PM »
Atta girl!  O0 

I have/had 2 tadpoles but we haven't seen them lately since we've adopted the 2 koi.  :no:  Come to think of it... we haven't seen the crayfish either.  :-\

Offline lerchcon

• Members
  • With us since: 11/07/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 06:58:50 PM »
I am married to an Asian and found this, you may already know this info but thought I would share with your posters

The frog is a symbol of different things in different cultures. It is believed to be a symbol of rainfall as frogs are abundant during the rains. Frog was believed to be a symbol of fertility in several cultures. It was linked to the Greek Goddess Aphrodite by the Romans while the Egyptians associated it to the goddess Heket. Heket was believed to be able to shape shift and often took the form of a frog. In the Eastern Culture of China it was symbolic of the moon. Thought to bring prosperity and healing. As a totem the frog is believed to be a symbol of protection for children and it brings pleasant dreams. Frogs are believed to be a symbol of good luck. The Irish believe that the frog is close to the leprechaun and could play similar tricks.

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 05:53:14 AM »
I think we are happy to have frogs come to our ponds too because it makes our efforts worthwhile. The frogs see what we have done as a good thing and we are helping nature along. I had one that would get up in the Skippy and I would feed it Japanese beetles. Then at night he must have wandered around because I found little poops on the sidewalk or driveway that had these shiney beetle wings in them, so I knew it was him.

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 09:58:17 AM »
I hope you allow yourself to be super excited about the arrival of the frog--be kind to yourself, you're worth it! 
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline KatFish

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Members
  • With us since: 20/05/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2010, 12:30:11 PM »
Thanks guys - I am getting happier about my frog.  And Z - I liked the lore you posted.  Thank you for it  :hug:  I was out there earlier cleaning out the pond, just marvelling at the diversity of life!!  I've always had toads and dragonflies, but now I've got frogs, damselflies, baby fish, butterflies, and LOTS more dragonflies.  Other than the enlarged pond, the main change is a bog.  I really think that's what made the difference.  Now they have deep parts and shallows.  So, here goes...  @O@ YAY I GOT A FROG  @O@

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2010, 07:15:03 PM »
Awesome Katfish!  Find solace in the things that you love and enjoy--the rest will take care of itself.  Also, ya know, we're not that far apart.  If you would like to meet halfway somewhere--I have broad shoulders.   :)
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"