Author Topic: hyacinth and lilly?  (Read 1126 times)

Offline marcuswon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 21/08/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
hyacinth and lilly?
« on: August 30, 2010, 12:43:30 PM »
when our pond was first done(about to be a month) we had no plant life.we bought a Lilly,hyacinth(shh) and a plant that looks like bamboo.all where doing well now they are all turning yellow.the other plants we have are still green.what do you think is happening?

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: hyacinth and lilly?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 04:40:51 PM »
In my ponds the plants didn't get enough sun for most of the summer (yeah that's right, I live in Southern California) and then it got blasted with too much sun, grew a lot, and now it seems like they are pooping out.  Both my ponds are in semi shade (or semi sun  :D ).  This basically means, to me, that they are done for the year and slowly going dormant for the lily and possibly bye bye to the WH.  I can keep my WH all winter although it looks miserable until spring rolls around.

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 06:24:15 PM »
My lilies need repotted which I will do before long, they need more room and more fertilizer and they are done for the summer.  This will help jump start them in the spring.   My hyacinths are also turning yellow, even though they are still blooming.  It's been very hot here too and my pond is in full sun.  All of my marginals are okay, but they will have to all be trimmed back and sunk to the bottom to be able to withstand our Ohio winters. 

Just sounds like normal pond cycle -- and that's a good thing!   ;)
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 06:36:25 PM »
Marcus, have you tried feeding them?

Marcus, while I'm here. We are planning a Southeastern Pond Meet for AP members. It will be at my house, more than likely, on the other side of the state from you in St. Clair county. There is a post about it in this section. Post on it if you are interested. :)
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline marcuswon

• Members
  • With us since: 21/08/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 05:17:03 AM »
Marcus, have you tried feeding them?
how i know to put the pellet in the lily but how do you feed the others?

give me a link to the other,St Clair is not that far.we have family and friend out that way.

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2010, 07:00:19 PM »
You can drop a pond tab or two to feed the floaters.

Here's the link, Marcus. Also, if you want to just stop by sometime when you are out this was, just email me and I'll give you the address.
http://www.americanponders.com/forum/index.php?topic=12161.0
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 05:52:23 PM by PondmaninAL »
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline Vickie

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2010, 07:09:51 PM »
My fish feed mine. They grow like crazy.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"