Author Topic: My single frog is not aware of being a frog  (Read 1274 times)

Offline tugo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 07/07/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Tugopond
My single frog is not aware of being a frog
« on: September 16, 2010, 08:44:51 AM »
First year of the pond, starting from april I had lots of tree frogs laying eggs and singing all night long. But the next 2 years they visited for some hours and always gone away without laying their eggs.

This year was the same, except a short chain of eggs were laid once and from that did survive only one baby frog.

I make a joke to my self that it does not know what it is, in this life. Because till know has not met or seen any other frog.

When it started "barking" exercises, the only sound it could imitate were "magpies" the residents of the pond side tree.
Now my young frog is quite grown up and can speak "magpiesh":))

When the magpies start their strange sounds they receive back the same from the frog. It is also a fun for my visitors to hear how they make two ways communication.

My poor frog thinks everything is in order :))

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: My single frog is not aware of being a frog
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 12:18:01 PM »
That's funny tugo, poor little guy.  It reminds me of something that happened to me last week.  I was out back watering plants when I decided to call the kittens to be fed and I hollered a high pitched 'cats!' and a tree frog answered back in the same pitch.  I thought it was just a coincidence so I tried hollering again.....and again the tree frog answered back. That tree frog thought I was a frog and was answering back--I'm sure of it.  :) My husband came out of the house and I showed him how the frog would answer, he just laughed and went back in the house.   ::)  And which just goes to show ya that some men are open-minded about things like that... lol
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 03:10:34 PM »
Poor little guy.  I have a pet cocketiel bird that doesn't know she is a bird either.  :D

I think all the frogs that use to visit my garden/pond have left me.  I guess feeding the tadpoles  :o to the turtles and feeshies kind of scared them.

Offline Julles

• Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 06:11:59 PM »
Our state bird is the mockingbird - it mimicks other birds. 

Maybe you have a mockingfrog.

Offline tugo

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Tugopond
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2010, 11:18:44 PM »
Good points observed by every one:)) Nature has no boundries. Have to sit and speak with him/her but so shy even to give a picture.

Offline sushi

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 16/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2010, 10:04:10 AM »
This topic is so funny....hubby and I were in the hot tub one night this summer and the firetruck sirens were going off, so of course every dog in the neighborhood started howling and barking.  Next thing I know, a big bullfrog started barking from our pond.  It sounded like it was mimicking the dogs.  We were killing ourselves laughing.  We had a bullfrog that howls and barks at fire trucks hahaha.   He has since been relocated to another pond.  As fun as he was, I didnt want him eating my new goldfish.

Offline perplexed ponder

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 27/03/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2010, 04:39:36 AM »
Fun read!!
Kathy

Offline tugo

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Tugopond
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2010, 08:10:12 AM »
Just came back home from a family visit. They have a very standart cat. She sits next to the visitors and as long as the talking goes on she makes "m?r m?r" as if she is joining the conversations, sometimes loud sometimes low and also keep on looking our faces. Was so funny.

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2010, 08:27:33 AM »
Yes, we think we are so smart, but the snimals have it all figured out.  They know what we're saying and we think they don't.... lol
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"