Author Topic: October is  (Read 912 times)

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
October is
« on: October 07, 2010, 05:56:19 PM »
October is not only Breast Cancer Awareness month, but it is Apple month, and best of all it is make your pastor an apple pie month. Whoops, I got that wrong. It is National Clergy Appreciation month. I'm sure you can think of something to do to let your pastor know you appreciate him. If you don't have one, we'll make it The Forum Owner month and we can send Jerry an apple pie.

I ran across the apple month thing somewhere on the internet and it was showing to core the apple and don't peel it. They were slicing it quite thin and making an extra large crust, maybe 2-3" larger around and lay the crust in the pan, dump in the filling and then bring the crust up over the filling, leaving an opening in the center. I haven't peeled apples for pies or crisps for a couple of years. I do dice them quite fine though. Noone ever notices they aren't peeled unless I say something. I figure you get more fiber and probably some other good from the peels too.

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: October is
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 07:30:49 AM »
I never thought of not peeling an apple for cooking.  Thanks for the tip.  It will save me lots of time.

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 02:16:00 PM »
Honest Annette, no one will know.

I made a huge apple crisp for my 8 year old granddaughter's school class. She said that some of the kids didn't want any because of the raisins. I laughed and said, "There were no raisins in that. It was just like apple pie but without a crust and had been made in a cake tin." She pointed to a piece of peel on the top that had gotten brown and said, "What's that then?" "APPLE PEELING." Oh well, they are the ones who missed out and we had enough left over for supper.

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 02:46:15 PM »
 ;D

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"