Author Topic: Congratulations turtlemike  (Read 1080 times)

Offline SueSTx

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Congratulations turtlemike
« on: October 17, 2010, 04:09:51 PM »
 {:-P;;    @O@    8-)~

:hug:  I have new pics from San Angelo you don't want to miss.

I arrived about 3:30 PM on Thursday October 7th.  I started taking pics immediately.  I was instantly amazed at all the blooms so late in the year.  When I went down to the display, the first thing I noticed was the "smell".  I had never smelled lilies before.  I returned at 7:30 Friday morning to see if the night bloomers were still open.

Looking back on the pics, I have realized that the hardies had blooms open then that were closed up even an hour later.  I stayed at the garden until approx 6:00.  I continued to walk around and around trying to make sure that I had a pic of all the tags.  I was so surprised when I was downloading pics last night that some I hadn't even noticed. 

There were elderly people taking walks, a motorcycle guy studing his Bible (he says his family goes to the park about 2 or 3 times a week), high school students meeting after school (the high school is right across the street and one young fellow told me his Biology class went over to help with the plants), young children chasing butterflies (the headline on the evening news was that the Monarchs were "flying to Mexico" and had stopped over again this year), young lovers strolling hand in hand and in the early morning workers taking a break or hanging out before they started.

All 452 pics I took are here:  (They are in reverse order so the last pic is the first one I took)

http://s26.photobucket.com/albums/c117/mammasue/IWC/?start=440

NOW...for a tribute to "turtlemike"   ::)  O0   :hug:  I feel sure that you are "familiar" with some of these lilies  :hug:

THREE is definately not a crowd  :hug:

:hug:  In case you have lost count - - - that is 13 for our own turtlemike  8-)~ and in this case it is definately not unlucky  O0

Offline Vickie

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Congratulations turtlemike
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 05:26:00 PM »
Congratulations Mike. Sue you  lucky duck getting to see all the lilies.

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010, 07:36:47 AM »
We are so fortunate to have Mike as an AP member.  His knowledge is true.  O0  Impressive show for Mike's lilies!  Love the names and a few are absolutely gorgeous and delish.   8-)~

Love the victorias huge pads.  Thanks for sharing a few of your photos!  :o  ;)

Offline emm

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 16/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2010, 10:38:05 AM »
Congratulations to Mike, that is quite a showing.  O0  Thanks for posting these Sue, they are a treat to look at.

emm

Offline turtlemike

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 18/11/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2010, 02:10:08 PM »

Thanks Sue. Too bad they weren't blooming. Spring and early summer are alwaws best for the color of mexicana crosses.

A few are still blooming here and if it gets around 80 deg. it's still pretty but everything is very light colored and not at their best.

The H X Ts that are in big pots are still bloomong away with hot colors and wide open flowers.  They are by far the best fall bloomers I have, hardy or tropical.   
  Some of them are wide open from the crack of dawn until after dark and on cold nights they don't even close.

Actualy Albert de Lestang is still blooming good with wide open flowers and so is Rhonda Kay.

Offline tranquility

• Trade Count: (72)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2010, 10:27:09 AM »
You da man Mike  @O@ @O@
Lawanna
Life is too short...... Live, Love, Laugh !!!!

Oklahoma-45 min. from Ganderville
Zone 7a :)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"