Author Topic: Any Solitaire Addicts Out There?  (Read 2437 times)

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Any Solitaire Addicts Out There?
« on: August 11, 2006, 09:11:27 PM »
My mother-in-law used to play solitaire all the time and my wife plays it all the time on her laptop.  Until about 9 months ago I seldom, if ever, played the game.  Now when I find myself bored I sit down and play a rousing game of spider solitaire on my pc.  In fact, I won't quit until I get a winner..... -Mike
American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline livetogarden

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Any Solitaire Addicts Out There?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 10:26:09 PM »
OMG....I do the same thing. How funny!!! I tell myself I 'have' to play until I win. :D
Cath
zone 5b

Offline ladybug

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • i went sky diving this year, amazing!!
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • ladybug's garden spot
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2006, 12:57:40 AM »
i love solitaire too.  i play on a game by hardwood solitaire.  it has a beautiful background and so many different solitaire games i never knew existed.  my favorite is aces up.  i am addicted to spades and backgammon too.  i play all of them on the hardwoods games software.  they have hearts too.  i think i am pretty dang good at both spades and backgammon.  i also like to pass time by playing snood. anybody ever played that one?
ladybug
life is too short to be unhappy

zone 7b

Offline Mikey

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2006, 09:36:16 AM »
I've never heard of Snood.  Does one have to be snippy or snappy to play snood? :D

Offline barb

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Connecticut
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2006, 09:46:26 AM »
My dh is so obsessed he has a laptop that he does nothing but play Solitaire on each morning.  And guess where he plays?  Sitting on the toilet!  Yep, he sits there for nearly an hour, playing away.   lol

Offline Joyce

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • location: Southold, North Fork, Long Island, New York, Zone 7B
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2006, 10:09:47 AM »
I am hooked on that Spades Game Teresa linked us to last Halloween.
Play it all the time.
http://halloweenarcade.com/index.php?ghosttownspades
 8) O0 :D

At work all I have is Solitaire...play that when I am waiting for something to print, like a big old 36 x 90" landscape plan that takes about 15 minutes to print on the big color plotter.
 :)
(can't play spades at work while printing the big plans cuz it uses up too much memory and the printer times out and crashes) >:(-
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

“Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature.
It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2006, 07:53:24 PM »
I use to play solitaire on my computer when I got bored but now I play Free Cell. It's more challenging.

Scott
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline purplepshn2004

• Members
  • me
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2006, 07:39:45 PM »
I've always liked solitaire!  I'm a member of pogo.com and play world class solitaire, aces up, etc.  Also play spades, canasta, jungle gin and many more to mention.  But those are my favorite.  I met my fiance online almost 7 years ago on the zone playing spades, he moved here (SD) from AL and we are moving back there in a couple months...We both have tatoos on our upper arms of a purple spade with each others names in them.  Anyone else a member of pogo or play there as a guest, if so, let me know, would love to play some games with some great ponding people!

Tonya

Offline Teresa

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • Atlanta - zone 7b
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2006, 04:26:47 PM »
I grew up playing lots and lots of card games . . . we kids (there were 6 of us) weren't allowed to watch any tv at all, so we played lots of cards and board games.  I love spider solitaire - used to like FreeCell, but haven't played it in a long time.

I also LOVE snood . . . they now have several other games and they are all fun too.  I paid for the codes for them all because they have really cool levels you can only get to if you pay.  Way fun.

The girls and I play chess on the computers too . . . . we have a wireless lan here and their chess software will use it and let us play between computers.  It's fun because the software will also analyze the game for us and tell us where we screwed up!

Offline LouAnn

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2006, 06:52:57 AM »
I love SPIDER. I also like to play Double Yukon, Freecell too. There is always a game waiting for you. And I thought it was a rule to play till you win!
Friends are the family I would choose.

Offline SueSTx

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2006, 08:43:05 AM »
I like spider...usually play with only 1 suit sometimes 2...never 4, I can't usually make a single move there.  I enjoy free cell also.  If I play solitaire...it is with real cards.

Offline MikeW

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2006, 09:46:12 AM »
Enjoy Spider Solitaire as well.

I also grew up without TV Teresa. For political reasons, South Africa did not intoduce it until the mid '70s. (What a different world back then). So, it was lots of card games, Monopoly, Risk, evenings with friends etc. We didn't know any different at the time, and I am rather glad of it now - as I watch way too much these days.

Cheers,

Mike

Los Angeles California Zone 10

Anytime I see something screech across a room and latch onto someone's neck, and the guy screams and tries to get it off, I have to laugh, because what is that thing?

Offline Teresa

• Members
  • Atlanta - zone 7b
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2006, 09:53:26 AM »
I love SPIDER. I also like to play Double Yukon, Freecell too. There is always a game waiting for you. And I thought it was a rule to play till you win!

Don't know Double Yukon . . . have to find a copy.  And it IS a rule that you play till you win, even if you are still playing at 4 in the morning.

I always play with 4 suits cuz it just seems like cheating to play with less . . . but that's my wierdness.  I've gotten so addicted to computer solitaire that laying out the cards seems like such a waste of playing time!  But I still do when I don't have a computer around.

Oh Mike!  I just hated Risk, but of course my brothers loved it.  There were 6 kids in my family, so we had to use two monopoly boards.  We'd lay both Go squares over each other and then go around the boards in a figure 8 - one we went around forwards and the other backwards.  If we didn't do that, there wasn't enough property or money or houses or hotels.  Sometimes games would last a week or more.  We also played lots of card games . . . Canasta was a big favorite and Dad had the greatest poker chips. 

My kids don't watch tv either.  It's not that I disallow it, just that they don't have time for it or always have something better to do.  The girls have become very fond of the tv series Charmed.  Since we cannot guarantee that we'll be around when it's on, I've gone and bought the DVD's and we watch it from them now.  That also allows us to watch the shows in order.  It's a good show for girls because the main characters are girls who can pretty much do anything they set their minds to do - kinda like a tv version of the Tatterhood Tales.

Offline Mikey

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2006, 11:48:34 AM »
And it IS a rule that you play till you win, even if you are still playing at 4 in the morning.
oday Iv been pleyng foor 15hors statee.  Cun I stup yate?  getting tard, bery tard??..

Offline CliffandJoann

• Members
  • With us since: 19/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • CJ's Adventures in Ponding
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2006, 03:54:41 PM »
I love to play, but with cards--Las Vegas style, turn up one card at a time, you pay 52.00
for the deck and get 5.00 for each card you get on top. I played it like a maniac every night
 in front of the tv while I was quitting smoking, kept my hands busy. 
Joann

Offline Jerry

• Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2006, 06:26:40 PM »
I always wanted to play but never knew anyone to play with! @O@ @O@ @O@
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

Offline Viv

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2006, 12:02:34 AM »
Lurvvve Solitaire! Don't get time to play now though.

Well remember the days when I first got a computer and used to play till the early hours. LOL...just one more game and I'll go to bed.  ::)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"