Author Topic: Re: FRUSTRATING!!!!...Jerry or Sean...question added for you.  (Read 1166 times)

Offline livetogarden

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: FRUSTRATING!!!!...Jerry or Sean...question added for you.
« on: October 20, 2010, 08:20:08 AM »
Remember the house fire we had last Oct.? A restoration company removed everything that was salvageable from our house, cleaned or repaired it and stored it till we could move back in 4 months later. The Jan. before the fire we remodeled our living room. We purchased many new items for it, one being a very nice area rug. The rug never showed up when our items were moved back. We asked the mgr. of the company several times to find it for us. Some time later he stops by and says....."I checked but there was no area rug when we removed your items". We asked then where it could have gone...geesh....it was 8' x 10' (not exactly a small rug), that it was definitely there the day they started packing up our house. I mean.....it was there the night of the fire then suddenly it was no where to be found. The mgr. then said he could get us a DVD of the inside of our house that they took BEFORE they removed anything to show us there was no rug on the living room floor. After asking for that DVD several times we finally gave up. The fire was a year ago this past Sun, Oct. 17th. I just received a call from someone at the restoration company saying they were going through some 'recently discovered inventory' and found an area rug that belongs to us.
Needless to say, we don't have many nice things to say about this company!! I would NEVER use them again.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 03:51:57 PM by livetogarden »
zone 5b

Offline SueSTx

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: FRUSTRATING!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 08:49:02 AM »
The amazing thing to me is that they "found' it a year later.

Offline livetogarden

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 08:55:42 AM »
Yeah....guess we should be grateful that they bothered to admit it, huh? But it was so maddening when the mgr. told us to our face that they never had it, that it was NOT in our house when they started their packing.
zone 5b

Offline Kittyzee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 11:21:52 AM »
Wow Cath.  I thought by now you guys would be on the OTHER side of this ordeal.  If this is a nationwide restoration company, you might want to let us know who it is so we don't ever use them.... should we have to.   :P
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline livetogarden

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2010, 03:41:28 PM »
Jerry or Sean....am I allowed to name the company here? It was recommended to us by our insurance company, which is why we went with them. Being in the stress of our house coming close to burning down we didn't check references at that time, we trusted the insurance adjuster. We had so many headaches during the process of restoration I would NEVER suggest anyone use this company, it is a nationwide company. I imagine there are locations that are ok, but have found many negative reviews from lots of parts of the US.
zone 5b

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2010, 03:55:54 PM »
Go ahead.  if we get pressure, we can delete.
pressure meaning Law suits.

They are likely to big to care.
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"