Offline Pondering

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/03/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Snow
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2011, 01:04:33 PM »
Karen, keep in mind these kids would probably be home alone if they didn't open, and for some inner city kids it's the only meals they will get for the day.  There was also no bus service until today 'cause they just couldn't get around.

Ponderer ~ How proud you must be of your DD teachig in Chicago, no easy task, and under appreciated that's for sure!

As i type it is snowing... yet again.  >:(-

Offline ponderer

• Members
  • With us since: 04/01/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2011, 02:44:24 PM »
We have a break in our snow schedule for now. Nothing predicted for at least a week! Wow. RELIEF! O0

Offline tweetybaby2005

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Members
  • Proud mom to a child with Autism
  • With us since: 21/05/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • http://banners.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates_both/language/www/US/KS/Wichita.gifhttp://banners.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates_both/language/www/US/KS/Wichita.gif
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2011, 09:31:09 AM »
We just finished our last round of snow yesterday.  We got a whopping 12" since Tuesday.  My pond was frozen solid even with the bubbler blasting on full force.  Worse yet, this morning's air temp was -16F!!!   >:(-  Wind chill was -26F+.  This literally shattered our all time record low.  The light is at the end of the tunnel though.  High of 57F next Wednesday!!!  Hooray!

Lets hope no more snow or ice in the near future.  O0 {:-P;;

Kuan

Offline big ron

• Members
  • With us since: 16/01/2011
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2011, 06:24:00 AM »
We have had a lot of snow this year too.  In fact, we've only seen the grass a couple of days since the end of November.  That's very unusual for Indiana.  Everywhere you go, everyones talking about being so tired of the snow, but I love it.  I'll admit..........I'm tired of no sunshine (thanks Jerry), but I love to go for a walk in the woods and look for animal tracks and the story they tell.  The coyotes have been coming up close to our house.  They wake us up in the middle of the night..........so eerie.  It's snowing lightly right now.  :)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"