Author Topic: Disappearing photos  (Read 1182 times)

Offline maryvonne

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • My photo albums
Disappearing photos
« on: December 18, 2006, 09:00:15 PM »
I'm still having trouble posting photos here. I have tried linking to my pbase album and also to photobucket but my photos just keep disappearing. Sometimes I get the red x and other times they just disappear completely. Any one have any ideas why?

Maryvonne
Maryvonne
Surrey B.C.
Canada

zone 7-8

Offline Timgod

• Trade Count: (21)
  • Members
  • Houston, Texas Zone 9
  • With us since: 13/09/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Timgods Graphics
Re: Disappearing photos
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 12:51:12 AM »
What method are you using to display them in the post? Insert Image or Upload Attachments. If you are inserting the image with a location on another server there could be a communication error or there is something wrong with the link you are pasting. If you upload them from your computer they would be on Sean's server and should be as stable as the rest of the forum.
Tim
On a quest for the elusive lilies...

Offline Desertponder

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 08:22:50 AM »
If this is a recent problem within the last week, it could be an issue with Photobucket. They did a major upgrade this last week and it caused me all kinds of grief. Their site no longer supports many web browser versions. You pretty much have to have the very latest version of your browser or Photobucket won't work for you. I had to change browsers entirely from Safari to Firefox in order to continue with Photobucket. I can't use IE anymore either with Photobucket.
Shanna
A true-blue kiddie pool, whiskey barrel & stock tank  ponder! :yes:
If it can hold water.....it's a watergarden!

Offline CT

• Trade Count: (19)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2006, 09:32:11 AM »
IE 7.0 works with Photobucket for me. I like the upgrade. Very easy to copy and paste and it tells you what goes where. I can see how it would be a problem for the older browser versions though. They should put a notification on their site so people won't wonder what's going on.

Offline Desertponder

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2006, 03:30:16 PM »
There have been discussions about the problems in their Forums sections about the upgrade and problems. Their upgrade basically eliminated users who are functioning with older versions of browsers. Photobucket is particularly fussy with Safari users since the upgrade. If you have the very most recent version of most any of the browsers you will be fine.  I had always used Safari and now it will crash if I try to use the Photobucket website. Here at work we have older browser versions. We are basically locked out of our hard drives by the IT person so we can't change things. I did manage to get around it though and downloaded the latest version of Firefox and it seems to work fine.
So, if you are experiencing problems with Photobucket, update your web browser to the latest version.
Shanna
A true-blue kiddie pool, whiskey barrel & stock tank  ponder! :yes:
If it can hold water.....it's a watergarden!

Offline maryvonne

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • My photo albums
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2006, 07:31:52 PM »
I hope you are right Shanna. I've been posting photos using the image link for a long time now and have only started having problems in the last month with both online albums.
I prefer to use the link since it saves storage here and the photos are out there already. I'll have to figure it out after the holidays.

Maryvonne
Maryvonne
Surrey B.C.
Canada

zone 7-8

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"