Author Topic: Keep Omaha in your thoughts and prayers  (Read 1226 times)

Offline livetogarden

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Keep Omaha in your thoughts and prayers
« on: January 05, 2011, 07:23:37 PM »
A troubled teen who was suspended from school this morning then returned shortly afterward with his dad's police weapon. He shot the principal who suspended him (she died from her injuries within the last hour...was a 58 yr old) and also shot another assistant principal who came to help when he heard the shots. So far he is alive although in serious condition. The teen shot himself and died at another location....left a post on his facebook saying he was going to do something. I don't know what the solution is to these situations but I worry what the world will be like for my 4 month old grandson.
zone 5b

Offline purplepshn2004

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • me
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Keep Omaha in your thoughts and prayers
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 08:32:11 PM »
That's awful!  I hate to hear things like that!  Makes you wonder what could be so bad, and what the world is coming to! 

Offline -Greg-

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • With us since: 27/09/2006
    • View Profile
    • Casa de Gunkel
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 09:45:21 PM »
That is horrible, it is a troubled world we live in sometimes, my thoughts and prayers are with their families.

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 04:51:49 AM »
Will definitely do that Cath.  We had a shooting here a few days ago, where a female sheriff's deputy arrived on the scene of a neighborhood dispute in a small weekend trailer park--the man opened the door and shot the deputy (newly married with four children) point blank with a shotgun.  Killed her and wounded another, then the department opened fire on the trailer.  Not a good outcome for that guy. Terrible tragedgy.  Now 5,000 law enforcement will be coming to the funeral from all over the country along with other groups (white supremacist, etc.).  Law enforcement have been instructed to be fully armed.  What a world.   :'(
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline mascot

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 16/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 08:40:04 AM »
This reminds me of the shootings here in southern California a few years back....

Children's Voices...
Can we hear the children's voices
As they're telling us what's wrong?
Can we see the pain within their eyes
When they feel they don't belong?
Some of them are very scared
And they don't know where to turn
So we ship them off to school each day
But it's us that need to learn
From Columbine to Granite Hills,
And Santana, where does it end?
It's become the shot heard 'round the world
Now broken lives are left to mend
We can try to blame the children
Who find guns upon the shelves
And we can try to blame the media
But we can only blame ourselves
Can we try to solve these issues
Before the problem gets much bigger?
Can we hear the children's voices
Before another one pulls the trigger?

I'm broke and can't afford to pay attention, so you might have to lend me an ear.

Offline miguynmkoi

• Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 02:01:35 PM »
 :'(

Offline livetogarden

• Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2011, 06:00:16 PM »
Today would have been the 59th birthday of the principal who died from her injuries. What a horrible time in this family's life. The shooter used his dad's Glock service weapon. His dad is an Omaha Police Dept. detective. He was suspended for driving on the school's football field during Christmas break. How sad that this led him to such a drastic action. The surviving principal is stable and alert today.
zone 5b

Offline Vickie

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2011, 05:27:31 PM »
It is a shame. But why would a police man or woman not keep guns locked up. I was married to a cop 15 yrs. I always told him if you leave the gun where the kids can get it I will unload it. So I am warning you so you will know. Well he carried it on duty 3 days before he realized it was not loaded. Could have been bad. The world and babying these kids have made them what they are today. In my day this kind of things did not happen. There is no respect of fear of punishment anymore.

Offline Julles

• Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2011, 10:32:50 AM »
Good point, Vickie.  My 5-yr old cousin was killed while playing at another kid's house.  They got ahold of the kid's father's gun ( I do seem to remember he was a policeman), which "wasn't loaded," and the other kid shot my cousin in the head.  He would have been in his 50's now if the gun had not been accessible. 

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"