Author Topic: OSRS must feel familiar to bring back anyone  (Read 451 times)

Offline CarolingAE

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/05/2020
    YearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
OSRS must feel familiar to bring back anyone
« on: May 07, 2020, 06:32:20 PM »
Nicely put. The OG client is a thing. Maybe not to RuneScape players who play OSRS gold with 12 hours a day but logging for the very first time in 15 years. Exactly, and people time in 15year RuneScape players are those Jagex needs to hook for RuneScape to develop. It is a personal choice to switch Should they choose to switch to something like RL later then. OSRS must feel familiar to bring back anyone. Completely disagree. You are suggesting they need to increase their CAC to concentrate only on bringing in new RuneScape players when those may not be the biggest increase to their profit. I will not make a claim because I haven't seen their fiscal numbers and statistics but I would really like to see if the"sweaty" gamers burning bonds and/or membership for numerous accounts (main, ironman, HCIM, Leagues, etc.) do not really out weigh their revenue derived from fresh RuneScape players.

You seem like somebody who'd just be interested in lining up also the next years and investors pockets gains rather than growing RuneScape for everybody. I am reacting to a discussion being had about OSRS and Jagex as a business. You're being naive, if you think the people who may flip the switch and turn off OSRS don't care about profit. OSRS is a mature product (think dish soap, deodorant, coffee grinder, etc.) that has minimum vital changes to it but continues to earn money.

Give a"heritage" client and a"updated" customer, maybe? Simply spit balling here, I agree with most of the points, however if Jagex wanted to create RL an official customer they could still offer the old customer (or at least a skin of it). That would help to ensure the nostalgia or anything else it is that you like about the vanilla customer is available while also giving new RuneScape players access to a client with additional usefulness, without needing to worry about the dubious character of 3rd party customers in RuneScape. I agree that having options is ideal. It comes down to the cash and maintaining two customers is money spent for money returned, and probably is not worth the expense/headache. There is a reason most firms with games than Jagex only offer one customer, and it's only supported for a limited timeframe, if they offer a heritage customer.

Buying something out since it is better is. Google buys all of the time to more gold on rsgoldfast to startups that are fresh. If a person made something to your game buying and creating it such as if it was your virtue is good. Jagex has not infinity more capital than Google. Also, Google purchases until their own legs develop, start-ups to absorb them into Google and it competes in certain facility using a Google service. In the software area, first to market is truly important, and if the software doesn't be scored by Google, Facebook will then potentially use it in order to compete against Google. Microsoft used to notoriously do the same thing.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"