Author Topic: I'm coming down with something.  (Read 2053 times)

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
I'm coming down with something.
« on: January 29, 2011, 05:59:16 PM »
SPRING FEVER!!!

That's right! As I walked past the plants today, I decided to go to the other side of the yard and check on the fish. A bit sluggish but still swimming around but that isn't what really started the symptoms. As I'm moving the biggest stock tank around to prop one side up on another trough, I noticed a little Dandelion bloom. As I moved over to the fish tank, I noticed a planter box with something green in it. It was the Sedum that someone sent me(can't remember who). Actually, there were two different kinds showing, Blue Spruce and one other. Also, there was another Dandelion bloom sitting next to them. On top of all that, the mosquito fish were darting about and the water irises were showing green leaves. I'm also putting my order in the mail for Victoria seeds Monday. I'm keeping an eye on the temps around here and it is looking promising.

@O@ @O@ @O@ @O@ @O@
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline Marie Fisher

• Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: I'm coming down with something.
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 06:20:43 PM »
Spring fever is catching. Can you believe we had snow/ice/hard freezing conditions
just Monday. BUT....today was 70 degrees.Like you Scott, walked around, saw irises
poking up,  gambusia and goldies swimming ever so slowly (water very cold).  Water so
clear in all the ponds can see to the bottom!!!  Watered everything in little GH which is
quite a chore as have to climb over stuff to get to plants, not to mention unwrapping
the water spigot and then rewrapping. Afraid to get too enthusiastic as know this
fine weather won't last. But OMG, is it nice while we have it!!  Send up prayer for
early spring. Got houseitosis very bad here!!! Oh, this is unbelievable also; saw a hardy
with a little new leaf and saw a lotus with growth.

Marie

Offline purplepshn2004

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • me
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 07:06:43 PM »
I'm right there with you both.  Wandered around my yard today, 70 at one point, maybe even a little higher.  Took remainder of Christmas lights down, and what did I see, some tulip buds poking through, not to mention several other bulbs that were already in the yard when we bought the house.  Grilled some brats, did some raking, and burning, and enjoyed the sun and warmth!  It's wonderful!  I hope it last's but not getting too carried away yet! Spring is just around the corner!

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2011, 07:25:15 PM »
You guys are about 3 months ahead of us. Everything is frozen solid around here and will be for a long time. Maybe we'll get a chance to head south this spring.

Offline SueSTx

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2011, 10:22:06 PM »
There was a thin ice floating on the tanks yesterday...before it got up to 70*.  I did water changes and saw new green growth on some of my hardies also.  We are suppose to have snow Tuesday.  I don't dare plant anything before the first of May...three whole months here yet, but I'm making out a seed order already.

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2011, 10:30:36 PM »
So good the hear. This place will be jumping again very soon! o(:-)
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline Indiana Karen

• Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2011, 07:25:28 AM »
A dandelion  @O@ Good for you.  ;D
We're expecting freezing rain and sleet on Tuesday.  :'(

Offline SueSTx

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2011, 09:13:42 AM »
 :'(  Our high for Wednesday is suppose to be 14*.   >:(

Offline Vickie

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2011, 09:15:53 AM »
It was 50* yesterday and I still have ice on my ponds. I still have some of the 9 inches of snow on the ground in places.  And now they are saying we can get 8 to 9 inches of snow coming Tuesday. Spring is not coming here for a while. Sigh!!!!!

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2011, 11:04:37 AM »
I have spring fever too, but there's no fix for it.  Ground is still snow covered, although the sun is blazing today and it's not very cold:  35*.  Pond is ice/snow covered and fish are sleeping.  And we are expecting a storm on Tuesday also with ICE.... >:(-   I have no problem with snow, but when we lose power in the country, we have no water which equals....no toilets.    :o  Ah, well, it is what it is.   ;)
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline Michiponder

• Members
  • With us since: 11/10/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2011, 01:17:12 PM »
Just got back from San Jose and Sacramento California.  Was a lot of fun, but a big disapointment to see all the snow here in Mchigan.  Was great to see the many koi and plants at suppliers there.  Wish I had the growing season.  They have fantastic choices available to ponders there.  Guess I will have to just hang out here for news and pictures till spring.

Offline tranquility

• Trade Count: (72)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2011, 07:02:59 AM »
Well I'm glad someone is seeing signs of Spring O0....We just got 2 snows-one was 10" and the other 4"....supposed to get another 2-4" today and then again another big snow on Tues and Wed.  ::).....I'm really starting to hate the white stuff  >:(-....not to mention the temps that go along with it  >:(-...
Lawanna
Life is too short...... Live, Love, Laugh !!!!

Oklahoma-45 min. from Ganderville
Zone 7a :)

Offline Bearb

• Members
  • With us since: 29/08/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2011, 09:50:21 AM »
It has warmed up here in St. Louis. last night, about half the surface area of my pond was ice free. I even saw 6-8 of the fish lurking around. It was too dark to figure out who they were, but encouraging nonetheless. I even saw one of the babies that I thought would be too small to make it.
Bryan

Offline PondmaninAL

• Members
  • Pond God
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2011, 05:27:39 PM »
YAHOO! It's getting up to 70°F tomorrow! @O@ @O@ @O@ I think my symptoms are getting worse. ;D
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline Pondering

• Members
  • With us since: 14/03/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2011, 05:46:08 PM »
I'm happy with the 55 degrees we'll be getting tomorrow.   @O@ Pond is still frozen over even though it's been in the mid to upper 40's the past 2 days, but i'm hoping that'll change tomorrow.  O0

Offline Indiana Karen

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2011, 08:05:12 PM »
Woohoo.................66 degrees today, we can see the ground and we have robins.  o(:-)

Offline tranquility

• Trade Count: (72)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2011, 04:57:56 PM »
80 here today...but, I'm still not going to count old man winter out....just keeping my fingers crossed I'm wrong and we will have an early Spring....
Lawanna
Life is too short...... Live, Love, Laugh !!!!

Oklahoma-45 min. from Ganderville
Zone 7a :)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"