Author Topic: Need creative ideas for water return/aeration  (Read 805 times)

Offline Lynne22

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • I love Green Anoles!
  • With us since: 25/06/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Need creative ideas for water return/aeration
« on: May 02, 2011, 05:22:23 AM »
Hi all, I am getting ready to build a new pond, raised, concrete block/liner. I need ideas for the water return, given that it will just be a lily pond. The pond will be 60X60-inside, so nothing that will splash much. I have considered taking a PVC pipe, capping each end, and drilling small holes in it, and placing that right at the water line in the front, under the cap overhang, so that it moves the water, but does not splash. The pump will be 500 gph- in a filter box that I am going to make. If you have a really inventive/pretty water return/aeration idea that would work well for this pond, I'd really love to see pictures. Thanks.

Offline Michiponder

• Members
  • With us since: 11/10/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Need creative ideas for water return/aeration
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 07:10:05 AM »
Hello Lynne

If you are looking for a calm pool with some cirulation then you are on the right path for a nice lily pond.  500 gph is not much and even if you ran the pipe directly into the pond with the end placed under the water you are not going to disturb the surface if at all.  Running the water through a diffuser would make it almost dead calm.  I would actually place the pipe parellel to the side several inches down to provide cirulation without disturbing the surface. This would provice some gentle circulation without the ripples.

Offline Lynne22

• Members
  • I love Green Anoles!
  • With us since: 25/06/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Need creative ideas for water return/aeration
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 02:36:02 AM »
Thanks Michiponder, I think that's the way I will go. I'm going to try some other boards as well since I had 52 views and no other suggestions on here, just to make sure there is nothing else to consider. Thanks again.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"