Author Topic: Prayer Request  (Read 2543 times)

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Prayer Request
« on: December 24, 2006, 11:53:44 PM »
Two Long Beach cops remain in critical but stable condition after being shot Friday afternoon. One cop was in the streets for just three weeks. Please keep them and their families in prayer.
http://www.presstelegram.com/news/ci_4897697
American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline -Greg-

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • With us since: 27/09/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Casa de Gunkel
Re: Prayer Request
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2006, 11:59:31 PM »
They will both be in our prayers, how awful for their families for the holidays, not that any time is good. I heard about this from my wife yesterday (she is a 911 dispatcher)...

Greg

Offline obsessed-nj

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2006, 06:39:13 AM »
How awful! Definitely in my prayers!
Linda

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2006, 07:32:36 AM »
Tragic indeed, we are pulling for them.  The perp has been deported many times.  He needs to be hobbled, drawn and quarerterd and castrated.

Our hopes and prayers are with them
« Last Edit: December 26, 2006, 11:56:00 AM by Jerry »
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

Offline Joyce

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • location: Southold, North Fork, Long Island, New York, Zone 7B
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2006, 08:17:12 AM »
They have my prayers too. (8:-)
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

“Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature.
It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2006, 09:00:18 AM »
So sorry, will be sending good wishes.
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline CliffandJoann

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 19/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • CJ's Adventures in Ponding
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2006, 09:02:28 AM »
They'll be in my prayers.

Joann

GAJen

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2006, 11:41:35 AM »
Sending them up.

Offline Mikey

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2006, 12:19:43 PM »
Jerry's right.  The suspect is an illegal alien who has prior felony convictions and has been deported before.  .....our tax dollars at work.....  He has numerous family members, also here illegally, who are likely hiding him.  He will likely flee to Mexico.  No change in the officers condition.  The rookie was shot in the neck and chest and the senior training officer was shot in the face.  Just another routine traffic stop...  Thanks for your prayers.

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2006, 05:57:39 PM »
done  o(:-)
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

Offline livetogarden

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2006, 09:23:02 PM »
You have more here.
We had a case like this in town about 9 years ago. A young cop who was killed and who never had the chance to take his seatbelt off. Perps were caught and spent tons of taxpayer's money trying to wiggle out of it, but were unsuccessful. The cop's parents set up an organization from the son's donation money for every patrol car to have a video camera in it now as well as many other safety things for our cops...better bullet proof vests, more powerful weapons, etc. The only good thing that came out of it.
I hope this jerk gets the same that these guys here got. It was very sad, even for us people who didn't personally know the cop's family so I can imagine what these families are dealing with.
Cath
zone 5b

Offline CT

• Trade Count: (19)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2006, 03:48:34 AM »
Keeping them in my prayers too..

Offline frloplady

• Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2006, 09:40:34 AM »
If they catch the guy he needs to be deported..but not to Mexico.....  &-)

So sad for those familys.  Praying for the wife's and kids and all extended family. Praying these men will survive and be healed of the physical and emotional trauma.  May God give the doctors wisdom in treating them.

Mary

Offline MikeW

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2006, 09:53:05 AM »
It seems to me that the police are hampered in this country by lawyers - just let a cop have a sharp tone to his voice while capturing a criminal, well, they are sued for mental anguish and abuse.

My idea is to use these same weapons (lawyers) against the bad guys. In this case, law suits are filed against the judges in the previous three cases for slapping him on the wrist as opposed to applying the 'three strikes and you're out' law that was voted in by a huge majority. Is this a democracy or not? This hardened criminal should have been festering in a sewer already, from his previous convictions, not tooling around downtown, armed, jumping red lights.

I guess this story really got to me, as this criminal looks exactly like our local terrorist at the end of the block. Overweight Hispanic guy, with tattoos, shaved head, and lifeless "shark" eyes. He is on some sort of welfare where our taxes pay his rent, and is thus free all day to wander around the neighbourhood, throwing beer cans in the street, urinating in people's hedges, dealing drugs, partying with his cronies. He is affectionately known as Savage by the neighbours. His transgressions are numerous and constant, yet each short lived enough that by the time the oft-called cops turn up, he is gone.

Hope these two cops make a full recovery.

Mike

Los Angeles California Zone 10

Anytime I see something screech across a room and latch onto someone's neck, and the guy screams and tries to get it off, I have to laugh, because what is that thing?

Offline Lynda

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2006, 01:54:57 PM »
I worked for the City of Long Beach for years; just retired from there four years ago.  I still read the Press Telegram first thing every morning and keep in touch with many of the people I worked with, including several PD folks.  Thank God these officers are hanging in there, and I know they're getting the best care available anywhere at Memorial Hospital.  The entire PD is looking for this scum, I doubt if he'll evade them for long.  I well remember when another officer, Abel Domiguez, was shot during a traffic stop; and was at the funeral for Officer Daryl Black when he was ambushed.  These two officers have been in my prayers 24/7 since I heard about the shooting about an hour after it happened.  Keep them in your prayers, they are heroes, not for being shot but for doing what needs to be done, every minute of every day. 

Offline Mikey

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2006, 06:06:07 PM »
Small world.....  Sounds like we know the same folks Lynda.  I retired from LBPD in '04' after 29 years, 8 months and 3 days.  I was Abel's basic academy sergeant and I had the pleasure of working with his wife in the Personnel Division when she was a Division secretary.

Offline Lynda

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2006, 07:08:17 PM »
Smaller world than you think, Mike.  Before I moved out of California four years ago, I lived in Cypress and worked in El Dorado Park in the Dept. of Parks, Rec and Marine.  I've often thought when I read your posts that we probably know many of the same people, since I worked closely with the PD and LBFD during my many years on the City Council staff.  When I was back home in June for the Mayor's retirement dinner I visited the renovated PD building and spent some time with Braden Phillips - what a wonderful change! 

Offline Mikey

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2006, 09:12:42 AM »
Both officers are said to be improving. 

It's believed the suspect has been shot and killed in the city of Santa Ana which is located 15-20 miles from Long Beach.  Plain clothes Long Beach officers had a suspect who they believed to be Gallegos under surveillance and tracked him to a strip mall in Santa Ana where they requested Santa Ana police to assist them.  The suspect saw the marked Santa Ana police unit pull up and he started firing at the officers.  The officers returned gunfire killing him.  They are awaiting the Orange County Coroner's result to confirm this guy as Gallegos.

Offline Johns

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • Garden Endeavors
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2006, 10:07:32 AM »
What I do not understand is why just being here illegally is not grounds for deportation.  We need a fence along the ENTIRE Mexican border to stop re-entry, and constant deportation of ALL illegals. This situation is  CRAP!

We keep hearing that illegals are just here to work! SCREW THEM! Let them work in Mexico!  It has been reported that 10% of Mexicans are in the US.  Here in NC 95% of Latinos are ILLEGAL! All illegals are criminals, just for being here.  citizenship by birthright should STOP retroactively for all whose parents are illegals.

WHEN IS ENOUGH ENOUGH!

Aside:  I have Latino friends whom I LOVE.  But then, they are LEGAL!

Offline Lynda

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2006, 10:52:36 AM »
The officers are said to be improving according to Chief Tony Batts, who visited them in the hospital yesterday.  The most seriously injured officer is now off the breathing machine, and both are able to speak.  Evidently the training officer, Yap, is a UCLA grad (which makes him No. 1 in this Bruins book) and had a conversation with Chief Batts about the UCLA football game.  Officers recovering, suspect dead = great result for my favorite Police Department!   {-)

Update:  body has been positively identified as suspect in police shooting by the Orange County Coroner's office. 
« Last Edit: December 28, 2006, 03:12:11 PM by Lynda »

Offline tammie

• Trade Count: (20)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2006, 03:43:32 PM »
Thank you God! That the officers are getting better!  Even now that my husband retired from the Honolulu Police Dept I still get upset when I hear another officer is down... Honolulu lost one last month.  A motorcycle officer went down while part of the president's motorcade.  He left a wife and 4 small kids... 
So glad these officers are doing better!  And hope they make a full recovery!
Tammie

Offline Mikey

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2006, 09:51:44 AM »
We keep hearing that illegals are just here to work!
We also keep hearing they only take jobs that Americans don't want.  After ICE raided that meat packing plant recently and took away a significant number of their illegal alien employees guess who was lining up in their employment office to fill the recent vacancies?  Americans!

John: You are preaching to the choir here. (8:-)  According to this article about the Gallegos shooting http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/homepage/abox/article_1401527.php he had previously been deported three times after being convicted of criminal acts here.  He even used our courts to sue once when he was mistakenly arrested as someone else with a similar name and warrant for their arrest.  In California we spend billions of tax payer dollars investigating, prosecuting and jailing criminal illegal aliens while also providing education, medical treatment and social services for them and their families.  If things are bad in North Carolina, you can just imagine how bad things are in the border states.  The Republicans didn't do squat about them except make speeches and pass an unfunded fence bill to appease their base.  And now the Democrat controlled House and Senate are going to be doing all they can to legalize these aliens without pissing off their constituents and the President will likely go along with a wink and a nod.

Offline Argos5

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2006, 11:04:55 AM »
Our nation's failure to protect our borders has been a shameful result of political correctness and vote pandering.

Ventura County, California, Zone 8b

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"