Author Topic: My falls were not running well at all. There was no reason for it, I thought!  (Read 635 times)

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
I checked the leaf basket and it was not well seated, it tends to float. I put a rock in it and it sinks fine.  I checked the priming pot and there were 3 goldies there all alive and standing on their heads!
I am guessing 2 to 3 days tops.
I tossed them in the pond.  Seemingly okay!

The leaf basket not being well seated let them go by and into the priming pot.  Lesson learned.

Oh yes, I now see a turtle, chasing a fish.  Never saw that before.
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline fishegg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 29/06/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
I found a 6 inch gold fish wedged under a rock at the top of my falls last night. He's been missing over two weeks, he was stuck head first, his mouth doesn't look like it will close and his eye were bugged out of his head. I felt so bad, he also has some rub marks on his side. I pulled him out, he swam to the bottom to collect himself and this morning he was hanging with the school. Have to see if he makes it I guess. .  .  :-\ :-\ :-\
Erik

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"