Author Topic: I can't stop crying  (Read 4421 times)

Offline mascot

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 16/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: I can't stop crying
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2011, 11:15:39 AM »
Thank you for all the support.  It's been over a week, and I still walk into the room and start to say something to him.  I still have some habits that were just for him that I'm trying to remember I don't have to do... like leaving a light on, leaving the TV sound on, not saying "sorry Rocky" when I walk into the room and make a loud noise fearing I startled him.  I was invited to go to the river this weekend, my first reaction was that I should stay home with Rocky.  I was in the store and went to buy more food for him, then I saw the toys and remember that I didn't get him a new one the weekend before he died and felt bad.

I miss his quiet little peeps, hearing him play with his toys, the begging for sunflower seeds... everything about him.  I'll be okay, I'm sure, but it's still very hard to accept that he's gone.  I miss that little blind bird!
I'm broke and can't afford to pay attention, so you might have to lend me an ear.

Offline Kittyzee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2011, 11:56:06 AM »
I'm sure it leaves an ache in your heart that he's gone.  I hope for you eventually that the pain of his leaving is gone and you are left with the wonderful memories of him and the funny things he did.  Instead of crying, you will feel happiness when you think of him.   :hug: 

I have an ache in my heart for him too, and I never knew him.  So much more for you who had him for almost 20 years. 
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 07:28:44 PM by Kittyzee »
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2011, 12:16:35 PM »
Our 1st cat died at age 15 and the fetching Mrs. Mikey was devastated.  I asked her if she would like another kitten and she said no.  It took about 1 year for her to heal to the point that one day she learned of a kitten in a shelter that needed a home.  That kitten is about 18 now and we notice she has lost much of her hearing.  When she passes it may be our last cat but I don't know for sure as it won't be my decision to make.

The best friend of the Fetching One lost her cat a year ago and she too was devastated.  Her adult daughter immediately bought and gave her a kitten and in that case it turned out it was the right thing to do as it immediately snapped her out of her depression by having a new member of the family to focus on.

No pet can be replaced but another can become a beloved member of the family.  It's a tough decision when deciding if you want another pet.  You suffer great pain at their loss and don't want to suffer that pain again, but then again you also received great joy from the pet for many years and have the satisfaction of knowing you gave the pet the best life on earth.
American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline ram

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 03/07/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2011, 06:48:33 PM »
I'm so sorry for your loss, think about this quote from Dr. Seus
"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened." Remember the good times you had, always keep your pets in your heart.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"