Author Topic: Weird...  (Read 1127 times)

Offline mascot

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 16/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Weird...
« on: August 26, 2011, 03:13:00 PM »
I stubbed my big toe the other day Tuesday.  It was slightly sore, but wasn't bothering me.  Most of the day Wednesday I was on my feet, and although a little sore it was not a big deal.  Thursday morning I was doing okay, but in the afternoon/evening I was in excruciating pain.  I was awake all night, and iced it but it didn't help much at all.  Today I went to urgent care and got xrays and fortunately nothing is broken or fractured, but I had to sit there for hours in such pain that I felt like I was going to pass out.  I finally got some ibuprofen and motrin (or something like it) and soaked it for the past couple hours.  It's not hurting as much but holy crap was that painful last night and today! 

How weird that it took almost 48 hours before it started hurting!
I'm broke and can't afford to pay attention, so you might have to lend me an ear.

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
Re: Weird...
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 03:18:20 PM »
you soaked it in Ibuprofin?  Whatever works!  feel better!
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline mascot

• Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 03:52:35 PM »
um, no.  I took some ibuprofen and some motrin, and I soaked it (in epsom salts)...

Reminds me of a guy who sprained his ankle and went to the doctor.  The office was busy, so he gave the guy a huge tablet (pill) and said he'd be back in a couple minutes.  When the doctor got back into the room, the guy said, "doc, that pill tasted HORRIBLE! and I don't feel any better, my ankle still hurts but now I feel sick to my stomach!"  The doc replied, "you ATE that?  You were supposed to dissolve it in a bucket of water and soak your foot in it!"
I'm broke and can't afford to pay attention, so you might have to lend me an ear.

Offline Kittyzee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 07:19:08 PM »
What in the world did they determine that you did to it?  Did you jam it, or pull toenail loose?  Sorry to hear of your experience:  and  lol  at Jerry!!
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

Offline mascot

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 09:36:22 PM »
you know, when the doc came in and said "nothing's fractured" I was relieved and didn't even think about anything else.  no toenail issues, just a stubbed toe is all I did.  He did say that sometimes it takes the body a little while to react when it's in shock (was he saying I'm slow? lol

This doctor was really good.  I've had some okay and some really crappy doctors, and this guy just loves what he does, and it shoes.  So I took the time to let him know, and he was very appreciative.  it's nice to see a doctor that doesn't see you as a $ but as someone that he can help.

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2011, 09:22:16 AM »
it's nice to see a doctor that doesn't see you as a $ but as someone that he can help.
Last week I had a scheduled appointment to see my dermatologist to get another prescription since my previous one had expired.  In the meantime I developed an ear-ache and went in for that on the same day that I had my schedule dermatologist appointment.  The reception staff told me I could have only one appointment per day, so I cancelled the dermatologist appointment in order to get my ear-ache taken care of.  I was irritated at having to reschedule the dermatologist visit. 

The treating physician took care of my ear problem and she made further inquiries that led up to my need to see my dermatologist.  She then not only wrote me a prescription for the meds I needed for my ear infection, she also wrote me a prescription for the meds that I needed from my dermatologist.  She also inquired with staff to find out why I couldn't have two appointments in the same day.  Seems the insurance companies assume double billing is going on and thus the policy of no double appointments....

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline mascot

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2011, 07:39:30 PM »
Wow... and when I used a coupon at a dentist and he still billed my insurance company for the full charge anyway, my insurance company didn't care - even when I told them they were billed for something I already paid for!

Can't ever figure those ins companies out, can you?

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2011, 05:49:35 PM »
 lol Funny "Ate it" story!  I stubbed my big toe big time a couple of years ago.  Luckily I didn't break or injure anything but there was an air pocket that formed right at the base of the toenail.  When the air pocket finally grew out I got developed toenail fungus  :'(  Now that hurt!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"