Author Topic: super sad:( i dont even know how to react but cry  (Read 2205 times)

Offline Rad Michelle

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • hakuna matata
  • With us since: 08/05/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
super sad:( i dont even know how to react but cry
« on: March 08, 2012, 02:36:04 PM »
hey guys! first of all... i appreicate i have this place to vent... ive been here before with you guys and its always helped.. :'( its been so long since i've been on here with a handful of stuff going on here in san diego since i've moved here almost 2 years ago. Im sad to report that i dont know if ill get to participate this ponding season as... i have lost EVERYTHING i have built up since i started my pondventure. its insane to think after 4 seasons of ponding and growing and building a business about it that its all gone. Im sure some of you can feel my pain when you check wintered over tubers and such to see if any survived, i lost it all pots, all 100s of plants, 100s of lilies, ponds, pumps, my fish, my potted garden flowers.. everything. I cant even believe it i would have never even fathomed it, my plants were my life, my addiction for heaven sakes!

how? your wondering? well, ive just moved into a new house, and with more accomandating a back yard for everything.. The previous roomate Greg of my last house decided to try and take over the lease after i gave our landlord our 30 day notice (Greg was friends w an ex boyfriend, whom wanted to stay after that relationship went to crap, i thought he was cool though hardly knowing him and i was helping him out of a bad situation) well he got the lease transferred over and i began to move my things out of the house, i even left my 1600$ deposit with the house so he wouldnt have to pay it!! once everything was out i just had backyard left to move.. the ponds, all the plants, windchimes bbq etc, (you know.. my sanctuary id sit at and dabble about for hours!) which i needed a trailer to haul everything. So we agreed for me to come the next thursday (thursdays was only time he could do it cuz that was his day off) Well i get trailer, call him to tell him im headed over, and he cancels, so we shoot for next thursday- (which i dont understand why i couldnt just go in the back yard, whole house was locked up and he had nothing out there) so following thursday i couldnt get ahold of a trailer in time before it got dark, and the next thursday same happend, he cancels when im on way with trailer, i went by anyway because i was down street and he'd both gates locked up. this goes on for about a month or so... always the run around, all the while i know my plants arent getting watered etc... when i suddenly get a mean sounding text message telling me that "i am draining your ponds and tossing stuff out its been here too long and i'm not a stoarge for your sh*t." when i was trying to get everything for weeks and hed keep canceling!!!?

i tried telling him that i was coming by right now, or if he was already tossing stuff then id be by to get it off the sidewalk, i tried tried reasoning with him explaining if he'd forgotten how many times hes canceled on me.. his response: "Well if this stuff was important to you it wouldnt have been here this long" like wth? i'm not going to break into "his" backyard, and how am i supposed to get ponds over a locked gate??? then i told him i'd come by for my personal meaning stuff like all windchimes i've collected over past 10 years, "im throwing everything away and selliing everything else, its been here, its technically my property now, dont even bother coming by" I JUST DONT UNDERSTAND??? i called the police they told me it was a civil matter and since the place was in his name and the lease was dated a month ago there isnt anything to be done unless something gets broken or someone becomes physically injured or threatened.

im so. absolutely. devistated. i know its just plants, but ive put so much into them, and i loved them so much, no one here understands how floored and shocked and hurt i am about this... many friends are just like oh that sucks... etc. giving me the funny eye for tearing up and crying about it. i thought i would just come to vent to you guys because yall have always been there for me and if anything you can relate to what i'm going through for sure :'( im so disheartened, everything went into those plants,

Offline Michiponder

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/10/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: super sad:( i dont even know how to react but cry
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 08:09:18 AM »
Sorry to hear about your misfortune.  Went through something similar about 25 years ago.  Lost the home I grew up in for about 1 1/2 years.  By the time I got it back from my ex it was a chest high weed infested mess and the pond (my first attempt at real ponding)) was an open sewer.  Most of the flowers, plants, shrubs, trees I had collected since childhood, and even the house were ruined.  It took me a few years to repair and sell, but now my hobby is flourishing and I find it is much better than what I ever could have had there.  I do not understand people that act like that.  Maybe that is why I like hanging out with other gardeners now.  I find most are great people.  Have found the best revenge afterward is just to live well. 

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 03:19:39 PM »
Sorry you had to experience so much trauma.  Hope you stay with your ponding biz.  You are starting anew...nothing wrong with that!

Offline Julles

• Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 09:59:34 AM »

Michelle, that is an incredible story, and how sad.  How devious and decitful that guy is!  I bet there is more to it than he's letting on ... he sold the things, or he is growing weed back there, or some other reason for him to be working so very hard to keep you from seeing the yard. 

I'm very sorry for this loss.  I can understand why you're so upset.  The time, money, plans, hopes all gone up in smoke!

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 10:01:21 AM »
Sorry Rad. That just stinks. Some of the saddest things we experience as we grow is when people we think are friends turn out not to be.

Offline perplexed ponder

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 27/03/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2012, 10:35:12 AM »
Esther is so right.

I am so sorry that he had to be such a, well...... DI@&!!  Some people are just so hateful. You are better off to be away from someone like that.
Hopefully you will be able to start again without to much of a financial loss.
Kathy

Offline Rad Michelle

• Members
  • hakuna matata
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 03:10:25 PM »
Thank u guys for the kind words an offers, things are getting better I've decided to sigh.. Start again, can u believe this guys gf... I was one Facebook the other day and she had posted pics of my koi saying "were giving him to a better home because his abusive owner never fed him or took care of the others and we saved babies" I fear all my koi have died now because they pulled them from a pond w established bacteria and put them in fresh sink water.. As the "baby koi" they saved.. Was my mosquito fish.. And of course I didn't feed my koi, it was like 40 degree winter... some people really amaze me.

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2012, 03:51:00 PM »
Watch Judge Judy and you will see that we have many thousands of these jerks!
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline Rad Michelle

• Members
  • hakuna matata
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2012, 07:05:17 PM »
I second that, they really do have questionable intelligence, like who does that really

Offline 2vetts

• Members
  • With us since: 18/08/2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2012, 01:25:49 PM »
read this 3 weeks ago and was at a lose for words . glad you're cheering up as you seem like an awesome lady . your whole experience seemed like a really weird tv show , just unbelievable . .  .peace

Offline turtlemike

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 18/11/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2012, 08:45:15 AM »
 That's horrible Rad ! 

I can definitly understand your loss and anger.

I'm so glad that I own my own land !

Too bad you don't live near me I would put you to work growing and selling waterlilies !

I'd be glad to contribute to the re-establishment of your collection when you get settled again, for postage.
I have quite a collection and tons of extra plants. I'm sure you had varieties that I don't have but I bet there is a lot that I do have.

Good luck finding a better place to live !

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2012, 03:10:46 PM »
I am so sorry. I feel your pain. I would not read their Facebook pages anymore, cut all ties. They are wrong and you know it. Anyone who knows you knows you loved your fish and plants and will not believe their bull.

I had a similar situation once with a previous tenant/daughter of the owner of the rental house I lived in coming back to get her plants and she took half of mine and destroyed the entire yard digging everything up.
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline Rad Michelle

• Members
  • hakuna matata
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2012, 08:24:40 PM »
|The whole thing was entirely surreal! thank you guys so much for the support, this weekend i went to a nursery and bought some plants and seed and seed trays, i've some free time coming up after Easter with work so i think i'll start my very first above ground timber pond of 2012 haha. in the mean time im trying my hand at some string gardens on a shady strip under the awning, hopefully they go well ill post some pics in terrestrial gardens. but i cant tell u guys how much i appreciate the support

Offline Shawn

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 12/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2012, 01:17:03 PM »
I have some extras as well.... recently moved and do not know about the pond being re-established yet.. that being said, could be quite a bit if it doesn't.
Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.
~ Mark Twain

Russell, Kentucky  Zone 5

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"