Author Topic: Weather change in South Texas  (Read 772 times)

Offline Zoe

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 21/04/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Weather change in South Texas
« on: September 06, 2011, 08:13:39 AM »
We went from 106 and high humidity to lower 90's and low humidity. The low tonight is supposed to be 59!  The bad thing was the winds that fueled fires here in Texas.  Still no rain.  But it was nice to be able to work outside and get some gardening completed.  Pruning the lilies and just enjoying some outside time.  The water lilies were the only things that I could enjoy this summer. i hope all are enjoying a nice change from the heat.

Cindy

Offline SueSTx

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Weather change in South Texas
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 08:53:54 AM »
In the panhandle, the lows for the last three mornings have been...49*, 47* and 52*...I thought about sweats when I went out first thing this morning.
The highs have been in the low 80's.  There is rain in the forcast for the middle of the week.  Texas needs a general all over soaking.

The garden is slowing down and I think autumn is on the way.  I hope it is a wet one.

Offline Zoe

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 21/04/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 10:09:24 AM »
I have been re thinking how i want to garden next year.  Spring is always so pretty and then this summer was just miserable.  I am getting older and don't want to kill myself out there. ponds included.  I think less lilies. One or two hardies and the rest tropicals.

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 10:50:49 AM »
The fires are in the news here, we feel for you.
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline Kittyzee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 05:23:29 PM »
I have been watching the fires and you in Texas have been on my mind.  I am glad you are having cooler weather (we are too!!  :D) and we actually had rain yesterday, with some expected for tomorrow.  Our corn here is dead, DH said one field would be lucky to make 80 bu. to the acre....but the rain helped some of our soybeans look more alive.  I hope you have a good soaking rain in the near future, and your fall is much, much cooler.   8)
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"