Author Topic: unnetted  (Read 1032 times)

Offline 2vetts

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 18/08/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
unnetted
« on: November 15, 2011, 11:11:47 AM »
took the cover [net] off yesterday figuring better to hand net whatever falls in pond than to take off the net when it is 35-40 degrees out . been an easy autumn temp wise so far . can't believe how few posts i find when i ''visit'' . hope you are all well . . .peace ..........forgot , we bought a small air pump to try to keep a hole in ice . while reading directions i find ''do not use at temps below freezing'' . the heater last year blew circuit breaker so we ended up with no hole in ice ...and all live fishies in spring .
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 11:16:18 AM by 2vetts »

Offline SueSTx

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: unnetted
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 12:58:28 PM »
Hello Mr. 2vetts

I know what you mean about nothing much going on around here.

I looked at the instructions for my air pump and it says nothing about not using in freezing temperatures.

Our weather has been mild also.

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 03:39:29 PM »
I'm Annetted!  lol  I feel the same about it being scarce here.  My net stays over my ponds permanently year round.  Plus there is a window screen net over one of my ponds only in the winter to keep finer needles of the juniper trees from making a mess.

Offline Julles

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 07:26:46 PM »
  It's quietening down because it's fall/winter, and our ponds are sleeping and we ponders are hibernating.

I wish I knew a way to keep the danged pine needles from arrowing down onto my pond.  They make a mess, stain the water, and when they fall at the right angle, they stab my lily pads like Freddie in Friday the 13th.

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2011, 09:35:07 AM »
Julles, I put a window screen netting, the kind you buy on a roll for replacements, right over my pond to prevent the juniper needles from falling in the water.  Works 100%.  I use this method only in the winter when it seems the needles fall more often.  The screen does cut off a lot of sunlight.  On my list of things to do is to make a tent like cover about 6 feet off the pond so that I can keep it up year round to catch the spiky needles and still let the sunlight in. 

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"