Author Topic: See the fish I love!  (Read 1959 times)

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
See the fish I love!
« on: October 11, 2011, 07:27:46 PM »
This is my lily pond.  I have different types of goldies in here.  Wakins, ryukins, ranchu, sarassa comets, and mostly shubunkins.  I just learned how to post videos (dangerous!) of my fishies.  I hope you enjoy this as much as I do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcuGM9l_6LM

Do you have favorite fish in your pond?

Offline Vickie

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: See the fish I love!
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 07:42:14 PM »
I love it.

@O@

Offline miguynmkoi

• Members
  • Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 07:53:58 PM »
Thank you Vickie!  I can wile away time watching these creatures.

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 11:48:34 PM »
They seem very very happy! o(:-)
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline Kittyzee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 10:17:18 AM »
Messing in my pond and watching my fish is one of the best stress relievers I can think of.  Now give me a glass of wine, a cool breeze, the sound of the waterfall....I'm in heaven!   8)
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline Indiana Karen

• Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2011, 02:58:09 PM »
Beautiful fish!  o(

They certainly look well fed.  ;)

Offline miguynmkoi

• Members
  • Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2011, 07:30:37 PM »
Did you know that enjoying a pet reduces stress immensely?  And with Dr. LuAnn;s method of attacking stress, it is a prescription I've practiced...faithfully...many times!  :D

Offline Julles

• Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2011, 05:46:12 AM »
I love watching those fat fat fantails squarggling through the water.  You have some really pretty ones, too.  The white oranda and the white and black spotted ones, I saw a neat white and red spotted one.  What's with the one with the growth on its back?  Nice clear water, too.  Oh, and glad to see someone else with an equally overcrowded pond!!  :D

Offline miguynmkoi

• Members
  • Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2011, 03:52:51 PM »
Thanks Julles.  You saw Monsieur Creme, the white ranchu with a black moustache and tiny fantail, flitting in and out for food.  The walkin with lots of bubble like growths is Christopher Wakin, aka Bumpy.  Unfortunately she and the other 3 wakins I purchased about 4+ years ago have this problem although the other 3 have just begun show these growths.  :o

When the lilies cover most of the pond this is the only spot up front where I can view and feed the fishies.  Overcrowded!?! Who says overcrowded!?!  :D  o( :D  o( :D  o(  ;)

Offline tweetybaby2005

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Members
  • Proud mom to a child with Autism
  • With us since: 21/05/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • http://banners.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates_both/language/www/US/KS/Wichita.gifhttp://banners.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates_both/language/www/US/KS/Wichita.gif
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2011, 06:57:15 PM »
Annette, I love all your fishies!!!   @O@ o(:-)  They are fat and chubby, just my kind of fish.   o(  The video is clear and the trickling sound is so peaceful.  Love it.  ohhhh, I see the fish with the bumps/tumors too!!!  I remember you mentioned the tumors before in another thread.  He/she is still very active and looked like very hungry!!  LOL.

Kuan

Offline miguynmkoi

• Members
  • Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2011, 08:28:37 PM »
Thank you, Kuan.  Yeah the bumpy fish was the largest, not including the size of the bumps, because she eats voraciously.  Now the other fish have caught up with her.  She still is in on the "chase" at times but I see how the bumps impede her movement when she gets caught up in the anacharis.

Offline Mucky_Waters

• Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2011, 08:48:59 PM »
Annette
 You have a nice mix of fish there.
Just the kind of mix I'll be looking for for my pond, which should be ready for fish by next spring.
lets see a video of the whole pond now....  ;)

Offline miguynmkoi

• Members
  • Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2011, 09:57:30 AM »
Thank you MW!  If my pond looked half as nice as your new pond looks now in its unfinished state I would be throwing pics out there until they ban me  :D :o ;)

Offline Marilyn C

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 12/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2011, 08:05:24 AM »
I loved the video of your fish.   My favorite is the little white ranchu.   I used to raise them. 

Of course I have favorite fish...but I try not to because if something happens to one of them, it is always my favorite.   It is the same with my chickens.

I had koi for over 30 years, but when I moved here, I didn't have a good place to keep them, and so I found them a home in a 20 acre sand pit.   (That is where they have dug out sand for use in construction, and the water fills it up, so it is deep, clear water.)   The owner of it had several large koi that he had trained to come to a particular spot so he could feed them.   When I found out about them, I asked him if he would like to have mine and he was thrilled to get them.   I was sad to see them go, but they went to such a good place....much better than anything I could provide for them.   However, slowly, but surely I have been buying little koi.   I decided that just for the fun of it, I would pick out a collection of very cheap little koi....just to see what you can put together for less than $10 a fish.   So far I haven't spent more than $6 for one.    I think most people who buy koi and pay quite a bit for them, would be surprised.   I am not talking about show koi, but rather decent quality, nice looking fish.   

Thanks for sharing your video.

Offline miguynmkoi

• Members
  • Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2011, 10:21:37 AM »
Hi Marilyn, I love ranchus!!  Used to have another peachy color one with some sparkley scales.  She didn't make it through last Winter/Spring.  The little guy in the video is Monsieur Creme, he has a little black moustache.  when we feed the gang we make sure he gets first dibs, he's a slow eater.

I cannot imagine spending so much $$ on a fish.  Chances are they will die under my care.  I bought many $2 koi from a pet store many years ago and most of they have grown up very nicely.  The one time I bought an expensive koi ($10  :o ) I managed to kill half of the $2 koi   :'(.  I didn't know how to separate (what's the term?) it before introducing it to the pond.  Turned out this new koi developed a crooked tail  :'( and died only a couple years later.

This is my koi pond full of 10 years old $2 koi, a couple adopted long fin koi with a few "original" (test fish) goldies and a homegrown shub (small red and white stripe) my DH wanted for more color in the pond.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 10:27:32 AM by miguynmkoi »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"