Author Topic: to friends of Perplexed Ponder  (Read 1487 times)

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
to friends of Perplexed Ponder
« on: November 29, 2011, 11:07:59 AM »
Kathy is one of our long standing members here. She and her family have been struggling for quite some time now as Matt her husband is in the hospital in Detroit with cancer. I just learned that tomorrow is their 21st anniversary and she was asking on Facebook for ideas to make the day special. If you are on Facebook, her name is Kathy Biggs and if you do a search on her name, her profile picture is of her husband and her kissing. Could you send them a private message to help make the day special? Or of course you can leave a message here too. Also, if you are a "friend" on Facebook, and look at her info page for an email address or maybe it is on her profile here, you could even send an e-card. Their situation has touched my heart and I just wish there was some way I could lift their burden a little bit. Back when they were having a fundraiser and trying to save their house, Pete and I drove across the state to their house and gave them a few things to sell in the fundraiser. They were so welcoming and kind to us. Kathy and I are both into miniatures and ponding so we could have talked for hours. They have two beautiful teenagers who are so supportive to their folks it's amazing. Just asking you to do what you can.

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
Re: to friends of Perplexed Ponder
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 12:31:47 PM »
Our prayers for Kathy and Matt
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline matherfish

• Trade Count: (75)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 10:02:22 PM »
Prayers from here as well.

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2011, 09:34:11 AM »
Wishing Kathy and Matt a very Happy 21st Anniversary!  Sending prayers your way and hope your day is special as all our days should be.

Offline perplexed ponder

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 27/03/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2011, 09:01:45 AM »
Oh Esther, I just saw this post, you are so very kind. I LOVE YOU! I gave Matt the picture you mentioned framed and hung it in his room. He sobbed. He loves it. The cake you sent was such a fun surprise! I had taken the kids out of school for the day and they were thrilled!

I don't really use the wonderlandminiatures email address on facebook much. I will have to check it! Sorry if I missed the messages. My personal email changed when we moved in with Mom this summer and I don't know if I remembered to change it here. I will have to check, but it's mkbiggs@wowway.com

For those of you who don't know...

Matt had just returned to work for about 10 days. We weren't sure if he would be able to do it, but thought we would evaluate in 30 days. His company was making so many accomodations for him, they were terrific. He had a post op check up one day before work. He planned to go in right after. Ended up being admitted back into the hospital instead. That was Nov. 22. He had been on Chemo with a drug called avastin recently. This drug makes healing difficult, so we had to wait a minimum of 4 weeks before they could do surgery on what they were pretty sure was a tumor that had formed since his last surgery in Sept. The surgery was performed this past Wednesday the 14th. They removed a tumor from his abdomen 17 x 12 x 4 inches deep. It looks like he took a cannonball to the gut. We will be here another week or two. He s on several pain medications and his vitals are all doing really well. The surgeon feels they got 99% of the tumor. We will have to see the oncologist about chemo and /or radiation for what is left and pray that it can be kept in check. It is an extremely aggressive cancer. The surgery itself is very risky and we are not out of the woods quite yet. The Avastin could still cause trouble with healing, but if they had waited longer, they may not have been able to do it at all because it was spreading so quickly. He will have to come back in 8 weeks for a huge skin graft operation.

It's a good thing we moved when we did. With all the time I have spent in the hospital with Matt,  Mom has been able to be there for the kids and bring them for visits. I go home to sleep about 2 nights a week. His Dad relieves me on those nights. His Mom and Sister flew in this weekend to visit too. His Mom is flying home to Vt and coming back on Christmas Eve. His Sister from Oregon has an open ended ticket. I am hoping she will stay for Christmas, but she has a Husband and doggy at home who miss her too.
Kathy

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2011, 10:03:59 AM »
I'm saddened to learn Matt's cancer has returned.  Will continue to pray for Matt, you and your family.
American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline 2vetts

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 18/08/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2011, 01:37:48 PM »
i don't look at this forum much and wish i hadn't today . i am so sad for you . i thought a while back that things were looking better for you but i may have misunderstood .  don't understand why nice people have to have bad things occur .  i really wish you well and don't understand how you and others deal with this type of event . i suspect i'm soon going to find out though . . . .peace

Offline Julles

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2011, 06:00:32 PM »
So sorry for all this, Kathy.

But it does sound like things have taken a turn for the better, and that Matt's chances are very good.

Happy Christmas and holidays to all of you and your family.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"