Author Topic: Naughty dog!!  (Read 1305 times)

Offline Cindi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Naughty dog!!
« on: January 25, 2007, 06:55:05 AM »
When my DH left for work this morning I happened to look over at my pond and noticed that "something" had walked out onto it!!  I figured it was our Golden Retriever Paige who is very inquisitive.  I'm not positive, but I figured she went out there to get a drink.  She's 60 plus pounds and I have no idea how thick the ice is so I don't think it's too safe for her to be out there.  Here is a picture of what I saw.  Notice the two dark spots close to the open water hole?  I figure that is where she leaned in to get a drink.  LOL!! 

Cindi
Cedar Springs, MI , Zone 5

Offline Pa Nancy

• Members
  • With us since: 13/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Naughty dog!!
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 08:18:49 AM »
Doesn't look like dog tracks to me.  Something much smaller.

I remember a couple years ago a fellow ponders dog drowned in their pond when it fell into the ice. I don't remember who it was,but I remember the dog was one of those White Westie Terriors. It was very sad.

Offline Cindi

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 11:13:52 AM »
Doesn't look like dog tracks to me.  Something much smaller.

I remember a couple years ago a fellow ponders dog drowned in their pond when it fell into the ice. I don't remember who it was,but I remember the dog was one of those White Westie Terriors. It was very sad.

The picture may be a bit deceiving.  I took the picture from my deck.  But you could very well be right and it's not one of my dogs.  I have a smaller dog, but I don't think he would have tried to drink out of the hole.  I'm going to investigate more when I get home tonight to see if I can tell if the prints came from some where else in the yard.
Cindi

Offline barb

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Connecticut
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 04:50:44 AM »
Yeah, the steps are very close together and small, it looks like a smaller animal.  I worry about one of our cats walking onto the ice of my pond, they do like to drink water out of it.  It's iced over now, but the ice is weak around the pond heater.

Offline Indiana Karen

• Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007, 09:14:31 AM »
Rabbit tracks, maybe?

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2007, 11:03:07 AM »
They don't remind me of dog tracks either, by the say you some of them together.  I'm thinking like Indiana Karen, either a rabbit, or a squirell, looks like something that kind of hops as it runs or goes.  Perhaps it was a small dog running around.  I have a big old lab, and from this angle it don't look like my dogs prints. 

I can see you now, all bundled up and following the tracks... ;)  I hope whatever it is, doesn't end up falling through the ice.

Kim
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 07:50:16 PM by Ky Kim »

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline Cindi

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2007, 01:26:03 PM »
I'm thinking you are right in that it wasn't my big dog.  The tracks are definitely too close together.  I wish I knew what it was though.   :-\
Cindi

Offline El Jefe

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
  • With us since: 09/11/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2007, 07:06:44 PM »
I used to raise rabbits and often I would find tracks like these next to their pen in the winter (I USED to live in Michigan once upon a time) They were wild Cottontails. I would guess rabbit.
… The soul is dyed the color of it’s thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice, Day by day, what you choose, what you think and what you do is WHO you become. Your integrity is your destiny, it is the light that guides your way……

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2007, 02:35:36 PM »
I think rabbit too.

Where did you live in Michigan El Jefe?

GAJen

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2007, 03:11:47 PM »
Wow we don't have that kind of weather and I am glad. Sorry you had an intruder.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"