Author Topic: Okay GA weather  (Read 4231 times)

GAJen

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Okay GA weather
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2007, 04:35:41 PM »
How many till Spring? Gesh, I'd love to see sunshine.

Offline El Jefe

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
  • With us since: 09/11/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2007, 04:57:02 PM »
Well so much for my pond plants. They were fooled by the warm temps and then  BAM &-) &-) TWO below freezing nights!! most of the plants look like frozen lettuce... Back out there tomorrow to cut them back  :(
… The soul is dyed the color of it’s thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice, Day by day, what you choose, what you think and what you do is WHO you become. Your integrity is your destiny, it is the light that guides your way……

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
  • With us since: 23/01/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2007, 09:42:19 PM »
Let's continue counting the days until spring :)
-it has been cold here too, except the last week with temps above freeze ;)

You know what the Norwegians say; "there's no bad weather, just bad clothes"

Stay warm everybody  o(:-)
My stupid calender doesen't even give the first day of spring? When is it? At least that dumb ground hog didn't see his shadow today. Like I belive it?
I'm just happier outside!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

GAJen

« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2007, 01:10:11 PM »
Mine says March 21st. Today is the coldest feeling day we have had. It was 39 this morning when I went grocery shopping and now is 44. Those aren't bad temps but they feel like the 20's for some odd reason.

Here is my pond today....looking drap but the fish are out I'd be hiding. They aren't too clear I was cold......shivering cold.

Offline Teresa

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • Atlanta - zone 7b
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2007, 04:46:17 PM »
It's been cold and windy here all day today . . . sunny, but cold and the wind is icy.

GAJen

« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2007, 06:06:08 PM »
It has got to warm up!!!!!

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2007, 06:20:03 PM »
We got up to a wopping 28 today! :'(And it has been snowing since early afternoon. Lightly tho so there's only about 1/2" of new &-)Your so right GaJen it has to soon
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline Teresa

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • Atlanta - zone 7b
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2007, 06:46:26 AM »
I've got thick ice on all my patio pots and pondlets . . . . it's too cold for me if there's ice on anything

GAJen

« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2007, 07:34:08 AM »
We supposedly had a mix of ice and rain over night according to the Weather Channel. My brother bought 3 of those Walmart lily's 2 weekends ago and I wonder if they'll make it cause we still have another month of cold ahead of us.

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2007, 09:24:31 AM »
I have one of the Wal Mart Lillies, It did ok last year and I'm anctious to see what she does this year? I also got one of the mini cattails that bairly sprouted about 4". Courious to see what it will do. I can't start messing in the pond tell April unless mother nature does something real nice soon.I went to Omak yesterday (that's the next town south of us) It's much bigger than here. Anyway the temp there was warmer than us and it always is. Then after I got home I looked up where the temp on my Gage goodie :Dwas taken and sure enough it was Omak Air Port. So now I know that it will usually be a few degrees warmer than what we really are. I just went and looked at my temp outside and it said 22*.At any rate it's below freezing and I'm sick of it.  >:(- :'(
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2007, 08:59:46 AM »
It was 70* when I was in Atlanta in early January. We've been having crazy weather here too.
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"