Author Topic: Rainy days and Mondays!  (Read 1171 times)

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Rainy days and Mondays!
« on: January 25, 2007, 05:27:37 PM »
Monday afternoon, we had a good heavy rain here. Just in time for me to get off of work and no umbrella. Once I got to my truck, I had to drive down to a coworkers truck to pick up some plants. She told me about them that morning and I told her that I would get them that afternoon. What she had was a bag full of Sweet Flag. Another coworker/ponding friend was suppose to have a look to see if she wanted any but because of the heavy rain, she went on home. I ended up with the whole bag.

One of the few plants that I've had problems with is Sweet Flag. It looks like my luck might change with it now. @O@

Despite the rain, it was worth the soaked shirt. (8:-)

Happy ponding,
Scott
o(
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Rainy days and Mondays!
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 05:29:25 PM »
Other than the rain, it sounds like it turned out pretty well.

Offline El Jefe

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
  • With us since: 09/11/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 05:27:21 AM »
I had a similar situation with one of my Wife's co-workers She brought in a big bag of lilies, Spider lilies and bog lilies and asked me to come and get them I went and picked them up but had to do it over lunch so I had to go back to work. Because we were having one of those florida rains I left them in my truck and ran back into the building, 5 hours later in the heat inside my truck they were in pain. Dummy me! I nursed all but one back to health and one even presented me with a huge bloom as a thank you! Can't  wait for Spring to see what they do.
… The soul is dyed the color of it’s thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice, Day by day, what you choose, what you think and what you do is WHO you become. Your integrity is your destiny, it is the light that guides your way……

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 05:50:49 PM »
When your overrun with sweetflag you can send it to me heheh.. I love the stuff. It seems to be doing well here for me so far.  I found a bunch at walmart at the end of the season sold as land plants for 2.00 for big gallon containers of it.  GOod luck with yours!

tinkster

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2007, 05:44:44 PM »
Thanks Tink. I'm tired of wild taro, you want it? ::) {:-P;; :D

Happy ponding,
Scott
o(
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline Teresa

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • Atlanta - zone 7b
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2007, 06:20:30 AM »
I love spider lilies and bog lilies . . . . used to have some lovely ones but somehow lost them.

I can't seem to get sweet flag to grow for me either.  It doesn't make any sense to me because I have had dwarf sweet flag since I put the pond in and never had a bit of trouble with it.  Guess the big stuff is too much like cattails which I also cannot grow . . .

Offline tranquility

• Trade Count: (72)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2007, 02:05:08 PM »
Just make sure not to put it too deep until it establishes...in fact I have noticed alot of garden shops around here are selling it as a land plant.....so maybe try some in both places....it grows like a weed for me...I keep no more than 1" of water over the rhizome.
Lawanna
Life is too short...... Live, Love, Laugh !!!!

Oklahoma-45 min. from Ganderville
Zone 7a :)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"