Author Topic: Population Boom!!  (Read 647 times)

Offline Loritx

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 07/04/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Population Boom!!
« on: July 20, 2012, 08:52:46 AM »
Way to many babies this year!! o( o(:-) o(
I have at least 3 sets of different age babies!!! All Thriving!! And the latest batch has the most! I would guess at least 30 new baby fish total.  And 10 Adult fish.  I have about 800 gallon total pond water!!
How do you decide which to remove- I will put them on Craigs List for another pond owner. I will wait 1 more month before deciding which to keep- so I will have some idea of what they really look like!! o(:-) o(
Making the choice of who to keep is hard! I have seen many "ugly" or "Black" ones that turned beautiful when a year old!! o( o(:-)
They are a mix of Goldfish, Shubunkin and 1 Koi (only Koi is proably male). The male Koi I have seen doing the "happy dance" right along with the goldfish and Shubunkins. I know at least 1 of my current 1yr babies is crossed with him, its definatly very different from the others! I have looked on internet at photos of Koi/Goldfish mix and it has that strange look.
Lori TX

Offline clm

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/08/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Population Boom!!
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 02:17:51 PM »
10 adult fish would already put you over what you should have in that much water, so rehome some of the older fish if you want to keep some of the youngsters.  I have always kept a few of the ones I consider special to me and sometimes that means rehoming some I've had for a long time.

clm

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"