Author Topic: Today at the pond  (Read 1738 times)

GAJen

• Trade Count: (0)
Today at the pond
« on: February 06, 2007, 09:45:58 AM »
in the cold  :-\  ..at least we have sunshine and I'm afraid my umbrella is going to outgrow the pond size. You'd think Shep would move the fishmate. :o

Offline Teresa

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • Atlanta - zone 7b
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Today at the pond
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 09:58:04 AM »
Looks a far cry better than mine, but I'm not gonna go out in that cold and take pics . . . .

GAJen

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 11:46:27 AM »
hurry up and post them. Only 57 they said 70.  :no: and I have lily fever.

Offline Joyce

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • location: Southold, North Fork, Long Island, New York, Zone 7B
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 01:21:07 PM »
It's 23* here.  :(
I'm not going out there either. :no:
I'll just sit here and look at Jens. 8)
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

“Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature.
It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

GAJen

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2007, 01:35:06 PM »
I should plant behind the pond but I swear nothing grows in that soil but barberry. Gotta brighten the place up in the spring course the lilies will help.

Offline Teresa

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • Atlanta - zone 7b
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2007, 03:48:38 PM »
I should plant behind the pond but I swear nothing grows in that soil but barberry. Gotta brighten the place up in the spring course the lilies will help.

What about an arbor with a couple of vines to cover that wall?  I have some bleeding heart vine at the florida place that would look lovely on that wall.  And then there are always passion flowers . . . intersperse them with some moonflowers and cardinal flowers and you'll really have something gorgeous!

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2007, 04:01:28 PM »
Better winter pic than I would have.  Guess I'm going to have to go out and take a couple.  I ordered a de-icer early this morning should be here tomorrow.  Mine is almost solid ice except for where I have the pumps bubbling, and it seems to be getting smaller.  I've never had to use a de-icer.  Sure we get ice on it, but nothing like this.  Last night we were stressing, I finally thought about a spare pump I had and we put that down in the hole as well.  So far, so good till the de-icer comes. 

(Also, order a dog water bowl with a de-icer built it.  I bring him in, but he would rather be outside (silly dog) have a hard time keeping him with water.  This should fix that problem.
Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2007, 04:15:58 PM »
Gosh, I don't even remember what green LOOKS LIKE!  It's snowing here, supposed to get 6 inches or so.  Temp. is 12*, this morning it was -4*!!  My pump froze up, motor was running--went out and unplugged it and put a stock tank heater on the ice to make a hole.  I'll keep plugging it in and unplugging it, cuz it seems to get too warm and I don't want a sauna bath for my fish in this weather.  It hasn't been this cold here for a long time and I'm stressing about my fish.  I was afraid that the pond would freeze solid, it's supposed to be down in the single digits all week long at night and only around 15 during the days for the next week    :o                                                               
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2007, 05:37:58 PM »
I could show y'all pics of green plants but the place is a mess because I'm building my new troughs. Wood stacked everywhere and tools with tarps over them. The one that I'm working on now is going to be huge. I will have to do the final assembly where is going to sit.

Happy ponding,
Scott
o(
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

GAJen

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2007, 05:44:09 PM »
Got photos of any wooden troughs?

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2007, 08:22:22 PM »
Any pics with green, bring them on.  8-)~ Having withdrawls here.....I'm just sick of this freezing weather  {nono}

KIm

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

GAJen

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2007, 02:35:47 PM »
In the 70's here today.

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2007, 07:52:01 PM »
GREEEEEEN, WE NEED GREEN!!!   lol
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
  • With us since: 23/01/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2007, 08:32:25 PM »
Ok guys I have resorted to the last straw. I really needed some color, (8:-) I got sick of looking at the brown and white. :( and I have another one going in tomorrow. lol It's my barley straw planter. o(
I'm just happier outside!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2007, 12:14:14 PM »
Ok , here is my fake spring to date. O0
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2007, 12:29:49 PM »
How funny! lol  I think that they would look even stranger at my house, since my pond's frozen solid (except for the stock tank heater hole) and covered in snow!  The only color I've seen are the red on the cardinals at my feeders, and the red dot on the back of the downy woodpecker's head!  8)
LuAnn

GAJen

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2007, 01:48:38 PM »
Our stores have out Spring supplies now. 8-)~

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2007, 02:27:11 PM »
Hi Kitty, I have already gone threw that. I had solid ice up untill just a few days ago. I'm just really hopeing it's gone for good now????? First time to see my koi in a very long time. o(  @O@ I went to Wal Mart and our new home depot yesterday but still not much in line of spring.  :'( That's why my fake one. lol
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline El Jefe

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
  • With us since: 09/11/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2007, 07:56:53 PM »
Well I was out working on mine all day today, Well around it anyway, tomorrow after church I will  be working on some of the plants to cut back all the freeze damage from last week and finish trimming the dead stuff. That and netting out the extra leaves and suc!!
… The soul is dyed the color of it’s thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice, Day by day, what you choose, what you think and what you do is WHO you become. Your integrity is your destiny, it is the light that guides your way……

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"