Author Topic: Need a receipe for Icing (Thanks everyone)  (Read 1574 times)

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Need a receipe for Icing (Thanks everyone)
« on: February 13, 2007, 01:56:45 PM »
Going to make these little heart shape cupcakes.  I thought it would be easier to make an icing I could pour over them. 

I've googled and really didn't come up with much.  It would give me cake receipes and such.  I tried putting in Fondant, pour over icing, glazed icing.  I just want one that's simple, its for cupcakes for daughters Valentines party, or as they call it now Friendship party.

Kim
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 08:50:01 PM by Ky Kim »

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline Kittyzee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Need a receipe for Icing
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 02:06:37 PM »
Can't you just make the buttercream icing (recipe is on the back of confectioner's sugar I think, I know it's in Betty Crocker's cook book) and you can add just a few extra drops of milk to thin it down to pour over them.  And you can flavor it however you want it with your favorite flavoring.
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline Sean

• Tropical Waterlily Guru
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
    • Sean's Ponds & Patio Garden
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 03:10:10 PM »
I would suggest butter cream also. It's just as easy to make it a bit thicker and dip the cupcakes.

Cheers,
Sean
Vancouver BC Zone 8B
...........Click my Gif's............

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 05:16:10 PM »
Yah, Sean's got the right idea. Turn the cupcake upside down and press it into the frosting and give it a twist. Don't get the frosting too thin though so it doesn't drip off.

Offline EagleEye

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • zone 5, Sauk City, WI
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 05:20:13 PM »
I just made some creme cheese frosting, seems it was just some creme cheese, powdered sugar and a little water.
Tasted good for sure.

Steve
My Biggest Worry Is That the other half (when I'm dead)  Will Sell My Fishing Stuff For What I Said I Paid For It

GAJen

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2007, 05:29:58 PM »
I just made some creme cheese frosting, seems it was just some creme cheese, powdered sugar and a little water.
Tasted good for sure.

Steve

My favorite icing Steve .... cream cheese.

Offline jclements

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • In the Garden Photoblog
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2007, 06:43:53 PM »
I have tried to use pre-made Wilton brand fondant. It didn't turn out well....

As for butter cream and cream cheese icing, Wilton has super easy recipes at wilton.com; however, since you mentioned a poured icing, I wanted to suggest a chocolate icing recipe from Martha Stewart. It's called Mrs. Milman's icing and is basically melted chocolate chips and cream and is TO DIE FOR!

http://www.marthastewart.com/page.jhtml?type=content&id=recipe1996&contentGroup=MSL&site=living&rsc=ns2006_m1

I'm all about holiday cupcakes, especially for Valentine's day. This year though, at our new school in Texas, they're sort of banning sweets and making Chex Mix....Odd if you ask me!  ::)   ;)

These are my famous cupcakes that I made last year. Swirled butter cream icing with sprinkles and white (red) chocolate hearts.

Jessica
Dallas, TX
Photoblog:  http://jessicaclements.wordpress.com

Offline Ky Kim

• Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2007, 06:46:09 PM »
Thanks guys, your the best!!!  o(:-)

They turned out great, these things turned out much smaller than I thought in order to get the shape of the pan and not rounded at the top.  I guess there about the size of a quarter and about 1/2 thick.  They only get 35 minutes for the party any how.  With all the other goodies, chips and about 3 of these each should would fine.  I ended up dipping the entire thing because they were so small and sitting them on a wire rack.

I bought these pans last year, thought they were cute.  If I would have had more time, I would have like to have written little words on them like the little candy hearts.  That's what I had in mind when I bought them.  Just didn't have the time today.  Oh well, still bet they'll eat them up.

WOW  jclements, those are beautiful!  I'll have to print this out and save it for the future.

Kim

I promise the quarter is on a separate piece of wax paper, I just did for size comparison.  That     way I could throw away that little piece.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 07:10:55 PM by Ky Kim »

Offline karen J

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • Karen's Frog Pond
Re: Need a receipe for Icing (Thanks everyone)
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2007, 10:18:55 PM »
Ky Kim, they came out beautiful!
Karen
Northern Illinois, zone 5

http://www.pbase.com/karenfrogpond

Offline jclements

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • In the Garden Photoblog
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2007, 07:31:47 AM »
Kim, those look fab!
Jessica
Dallas, TX
Photoblog:  http://jessicaclements.wordpress.com

Offline Ky Kim

• Members
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2007, 09:54:01 AM »
Jessica....I just love your cupcakes.  My daughter said, make those.  I told her maybe I'll try for Easter if you all have a Spring Party.  For some reason this week, time is crunched.  Any other time I'm looking for something to do.

Kim

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"