Author Topic: Pond Tour For The Cure This Weekend  (Read 1307 times)

Offline Oh So Koi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 12/09/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Pond Tour For The Cure This Weekend
« on: October 17, 2012, 03:21:49 PM »
. . .

The Poison Apple Garden renovation is finally done! The forest-themed pond garden at Humpty Dumpty House  features four ponds and a tadpole stream. The Poison Apple Pond and Pond Digger's Black Lagoon are watergarden style koi ponds connected by way of the Straights of Gibralter koi passage. The Mermaid Marsh, and the Taro-Gravel Filter Pond are picturesque watergardens meant to enhance our filtration. Everything is connected by a series of streams, waterfalls, and giant gunnera leaf spillways winding through lush vegetation, crossed by wooden bridges, and flanked with a forested seating terrace. Filtration includes a Sacramento Koi bead filter, Pond Digger's backflushable waterfall filter, and both veggie and anoxic filtration. An enormous Christine Curry mural serves as the backdrop.

I'd love to have everyone come join us this weekend during the "Pond Tour for the Cure", which benefits the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, with some of the ticket sales going to Humpty Dumpty House's charitable projects. We're located near Redlands, California, and ours is one of the more modest stops on the pond tour. We'll be going until about midnight Friday and Saturday.

I'll be there to talk ponds and gardens with anyone who wants to chat. Tickets are $10 for adults; kids free, and can be purchased by posting here or PMing me. I hope to see some of you there.

. . .

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Pond Tour For The Cure This Weekend
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 04:21:06 PM »
Fantastically designed pond and garden.  Absolutely love the giant gunnera leaf spillway.  Did you make it yourself!?!  Best wishes on the Tour!

Offline Oh So Koi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 12/09/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 08:34:20 AM »
Annette, I apologize for the delay; I just found your post in my spam. No, I don't make the giant gunnera leaves, but I sell them for the person who does. Here's another picture taken just days ago. Waterlilies are still going strong in November -- very strange!

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 09:45:33 AM »
Thanks!  Very nice.  Lucky you still have flowering waterlilies.  Mine are kaput since September  :( 

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"