Author Topic: First Rhonda Kay bloom  (Read 573 times)

Offline redberry

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 25/04/2013
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
First Rhonda Kay bloom
« on: June 17, 2013, 06:58:34 PM »
I have managed to successfuly overwinter tropical lily tubers in moist sand stored in the house for  two winters now.  I have the advantage of an unheated greenhouse that I can use to help them along when they start to re-sprout.  I put them in small pots in buckets and put them outside during the day and bring them in at night when the nights are cool.  Eventually, though, this gets a bit tiresome and this year when the overnight temps were going to be above 50F, I left them in overnight.  I think the water/soil retains some heat anyway.  A few weeks ago, I went ahead and potted some up into 1 gal pots and put them in the outdoor tanks. I noticed buds on one Rhonda Kay and the first one bloomed today.  I was suprised to see it in bloom.  I will also mention that I purchased my tropical lily from Kat who has provided helpful answers to my questions.

Offline Vickie

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: First Rhonda Kay bloom
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 08:55:49 AM »
Congratulations. Rhonda Kay is a great lily

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"