Author Topic: algafix part II  (Read 658 times)

Offline 2vetts

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 18/08/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
algafix part II
« on: June 16, 2013, 08:57:08 AM »
i've put the algafix in pond three times now and it looks really good . algae is not growing like it had been but it's a little soon to contribute that to the chemical . each time i've put it in ,  the pond has gotten a strange clear scum on it which is pretty much gone after about a day [ no i don't know where it has gone to ] . we have some very light colored gravel in the shallow , plant containing area and it has looked bad enough that i've thought of replacing it with something darker . it looked better after one application and now looks really nice , the best it has looked in a couple years . i would recommend this product if asked about it . fish are fine , plants seem to be fine but again a little soon to judge affect on plants . again i need to point out i've been using roughly half recommended dosage . hope mentioning a product isn't breaking forum rules , i just thought someone might find this helpful . . . peace..........ps . ''twovetts'' just left for alaska  , i'm lonesome already .
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 11:22:18 AM by 2vetts »

Offline SueSTx

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: algafix part II
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 09:55:47 AM »
I'm glad to hear that the algafix worked for you.  I might give it a try in one tank only and see what happens.

Offline howardTheHumble

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 30/10/2011
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • HowardTheHumble's Aquatic Pages
Re: algafix part II
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 04:19:33 AM »
When one kills off the algae it is a good idea to test the water.  The algae may have been backing up the bio filter.  If you don't have a bio filter the algae is your friend as it is acting as one.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"