Author Topic: I know I haven't been posting like my ususal self, well it's because...  (Read 1317 times)

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
I have not been my ususal self. :'(

I have every confidence i will be soon.  I am well and have passed a host of medical tests.  Lost 20 lbs of fat too.  Not done losing.
Had my appenix out June 2nd, hardly woth mentioning.  it was almost an outpatient procedure.  Not even a scar!  Yep they go through the naval!  Amazing.  No heavy work for 30 days was about the only restriction.  It is funny Appendicitus is a disease of people from 10 to 30...usually. :-\

I self diagnosed the Appendicitus and realized I better get into urgent care. the tests were made and off to Holy Cross for a CT scan which is the defining test.
I have been busy with Doctors.    Again, all looking good.
Maybe a POND PARTY this September? we have had them in the past,but there is only a handful of members that are in Southern California.  Of course, all would be welcome.  o(:-)
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline hopsingspond

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Full time Caregiver and Cowgirl
  • With us since: 01/04/2013
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Glad you are feeling better! :thumbup:
Lynn

Offline Jerry

• Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Thanks , a big factor, I think, is dumping some blood pressure meds. I monitor it and am very normal  so far.
Much of my feeling so bad were side effects the BPs are known for.  Yes they were fine for a log time, but it caught up to me. Yes , my own diagnosis. I see the DR tomorrow and have a well kept chart of my readings. Of course one is not to self medicate.  In this case I " un self medicated!"

The normal readings may be a result of weight loss. O0
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

Offline CoolShades

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
Hey Jerry,

Good for you, continue with the regimine.  What are you doing?  I lost 30 pounds since January, not as much as I wanted, but consistent by just eating oatmeal with rasberries and blue berries every morning along with a high activity day.  I may be out in LA in September/October so try to give a long lead time!  Hope to see everyone.

Offline Jerry

• Members
    • View Profile
Perfect time for a pond party! Both Mikes, Annette and others will enjoy seeing you.
I love oatmeal, a good choice.  My " secret" is NO wheat, well very little. Mostly portion control.
A local guy was in Paris, he said he saw no fat Parisians. Sure he agrees there must be some.
He said,  "the portions he was served
Were tiny compared  to America." He is a very tall chubby guy.  He said, "I could eat dessert there every day and not gain an ounce"!

This is an ideal time for stone fruits , I do indulge.
By the time  you get here we can even do that Chinese Buffett! {nono}

I am a lot older, thus more urgency.  It's now or never.

Ps: wearing my old pants again!  More smiles from the ladies too o(:-) :P. ( I may be imagining that) ::)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 08:12:05 PM by Jerry »
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

Offline Indiana Karen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
Good to know that you are feeling better.  I had noticed your absence from the forum.

Congrats on the weight loss!  I have fought being overweight my entire life and its a bummer.  >:(  I lost weight about four years ago and fight constantly to keep it off.  I was in good shape at the beginning of the summer, but have gained a little recently.  I like yogurt and fresh berries for breakfast.  In fact, I have recently began making my own yogurt.

Hope you continue to feel better.  Don't overwork yourself outside in the summer heat.

Take care,
Karen

Offline Jerry

• Members
    • View Profile
Thanks Karen . I saw the DR today.  He thinks my conclusions may NOT  be accurate.  More tests occurred and now a heart monitor for 24 hours!
He feels we can teak the meds.   My no longer feeling dizzy may just be a coincidense.
Obviously I did not go to the gym today {nono}

I feel great!  Only the concerns are a burden.
Great on your weight loss. What was your "secret?"
Pretty soon we might have a " diet forum!" :hug:
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
Glad to know you're feeling better Jerry.  Take it easy!

A party would be real nice. Just had one after a major clean up of the backyard.  Now I need to work on the jungle...I mean front yard.

Are there any members out there coming to the LA area in September? Sure would be nice to meet more peeps from AP!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"