Author Topic: Bart  (Read 1081 times)

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
Bart
« on: February 22, 2007, 06:57:42 PM »
Did you see the show on the History Channel about the Star Trek auction at Christies?

Paramount opened the warehouses and sold thousands of items. It took months to go through and catalog them all.

The 6' model of the Enterprise 1701-D (Next Generation for those who don't have the numbers memorized) went for ...........over $500,000.00!!!!!!!!

1701-A (Star Trek, The Motion Picture) went for over $300,000.00

Space suit worn my Dr. McCoy in The Tholian Web went for over $100K

It was amazing. I am sad though. If they have sold off every prop, every costume, every ship, is it really over?
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Bart
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 07:30:33 PM »
Not over! If there are anymore movies or series made, they just make new props or use computer animation.

Scott
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline Bartman

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • Bart's World
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 07:38:00 PM »
Our history channel did not carry the program.  I knew about it though.  Apparently there are still a number of items in warehouses in LA that haven't been touched yet.  At the convention last year in Vegas they Christies had a display of some of the auction items.  Brent Spiner (Data) went off on a little rant on the people in the booth about some of the stuff not being the real thing (props he used personally and recognized as not the real deal).  Jonathen Frakes (Riker) and Spiner also went on a bit of a tear about it during their stand up Q&A session. 

There will be a NEW movie next year based on Kirk and Spock in their Academy Days.   I think that is just wrong.  It is being produced by the same guy who produces LOST.  A number of us on Star Trek boards think this is the attempt to "re-imagine" Trek just like has been done with so many other shows.  The jury is still out on how that will work for them.

Bart

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2007, 08:04:43 AM »
I've never watched Enterprise for similar reasons. It isn't what happened according to the books and shows that went before......

There is more stuff for sure but the good stuff is gone. They had people who worked on the series and movies going through everything. Checking DVDs to make sure they had it right. I believe there is a book coming out too.

Picard's flute went for over $40,000. Patrick Stewart said "But it doesn't play" It  was really funny. They had footage of him saying it was going to go for $10,000.
Frakes was on this TV show. Spiner wasn't. Neither was Shatner. Nimoy was the host. Nichelle Nichols and George Takai were on too and Avery Brooks and Kate Mulgrew.

The model of Deep Space Nine went for over $300,000. They didn't use computer generated space ships in Star Trek. They used models. One of the Klingon ships went for over $300,000.

http://www.christies.com/special_sites/startrek/overview.asp
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"