Author Topic: Biting insects  (Read 1252 times)

Offline SueSTx

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Biting insects
« on: July 07, 2014, 06:33:26 PM »
I hate misquote bites, but bug spray and a long sleeve shirt does help, but nothing seems to help with those darn biting flies.  I hope it is a sign of more rain...that would nearly make it worthwhile.

Offline 2vetts

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 18/08/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Biting insects
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 01:01:25 PM »
that's weird , i was out cleaning filter about an hour ago and got bit . it was a bug under the back of my shirt . squeezed it gently and shook shirt and some strange looking fly dropped out . i don't remember last time i was bitten . then i come in and find this post .   

Offline Kat

• Trade Count: (176)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2014, 11:13:42 AM »
If you find a way to stop biting flies please let us know.  Sorry you have to deal with them.  Have you tried dryer softener sheets in your pockets?  That is supposed to help with mosquitoes but don't know about flies. 
Kat

There is never enough room for all of the water lilies that I want ;-)

Offline SueSTx

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2014, 11:31:44 AM »
I haven't found anything that helps with flies.  The silly things will even sit there drilling and let you slap them.

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 03:32:55 PM »
We live near a very highly populated mosquito creek  :(  Before the sun sets if we plan on sitting outside we fire up our citronella filled lanterns.  Try to keep the lanterns where the breeze blows the scent (gas fumes....but not bad) towards you.  No wind?  I keep a lantern close to me. 

Family members also say I attract mosquito bites the best  >:(

Biggest problem now?  Neighbor's flea bitten dog likes to nap on the other side of the fence next to my pond.  While working on the pond, I got eaten alive around my ankles just between the tops of my ankle socks and just below the elastic ankle cuffs of work pants.....itchy is the nice description of how it feels.   >:(- Scratching myself bloody in a 1" area around the ankle  >:(-  How the heck can I keep fleas away besides $&^@$% the %&*@# dog.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"