Author Topic: Weird weather  (Read 1193 times)

Offline Reedman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Weird weather
« on: March 17, 2007, 06:26:54 PM »
Boy, has the weather been strange here in southcentral PA recently.

Last week one night we tied a record low of 7 degrees.  On Wednesday it was 78 degrees (over 20 degrees higher than normal).  My fish were at the surface sunning themselves.

Yesterday after pouring rain all night, we got 9" of snow - tied a record.  Today weather.com says the tree pollen is high in our area - how could that be?  Everything is buried in snow!  >:(- :raining: &-) :no: :swear: :blowup:

My poor fish . . .

Reedman

1300 gallon pond - midnight & regular shubunkins/sarassa comets/white comets/rosy red minnows.

Offline Christy

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 26/11/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Weird weather
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 07:07:58 PM »
We had two days last week up in the 70's,all the fish at the top of the water. Now the temputer cant get out of the 30's here.

Christy

Offline EagleEye

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • zone 5, Sauk City, WI
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2007, 08:58:33 PM »
Yeah, I know what you mean, one day it's shot sleeve weather, and the next it's in the teens, or snowing.
Tree pollen? Sometimes I wonder why they pay these guys. ::)

Christy, where are you at?

Steve
My Biggest Worry Is That the other half (when I'm dead)  Will Sell My Fishing Stuff For What I Said I Paid For It

GAJen

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2007, 07:44:06 AM »
We've had normal spring like temps until Friday then the wind and cold weather came back in with a touch of rain. This week is forecasted to return to normal.

Offline Christy

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 26/11/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2007, 08:41:20 AM »
Steve,

I am in West Union, Ohio, about 1hr from Cincinnati, Ohio. You can listen to the weather man, he will say about an ground cover you look out and you have around four inches out there. My son lives in Pennsylvannia and they just got an big dumping of snow,I said keep it out there, I dont want it here. I am ready for spring.

Christy

Offline froggerLee

• Members
  • With us since: 24/02/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2007, 04:18:17 PM »
We did not get the snow, but we did have temps in the 80's, then the big nor'easter hit, tons and rain, and bitter cold. Oh where is spring?
Lee

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2007, 05:40:22 PM »
I heard on some weather forcast that we will have  bad pollen this spring. That is the only allergy I struggle with. You might know.

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2007, 12:02:00 AM »
It was 82 here one day and the next was back to around 35.  Wish mother nature would make up her mind.  I have flowers starting to pop their heads up for spring, and I know I'm ready to play outside as well. 

It seems each year, the weather gets more odd.  Our winters are not what they use to be, and our summers are just plain out HOT of course with added humidity.  Just wonder what it will be like in another 1- to 20 years.

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"