Author Topic: INTERNET EXPLORER 11 ISSUE  (Read 1880 times)

Offline Reedman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
INTERNET EXPLORER 11 ISSUE
« on: July 09, 2014, 07:05:10 PM »
I am running Windows 8.1 and use Internet Explorer 11. 

Last week I no longer can access Internet Explorer 11 via the desktop icon or the pinned icon on the bottom toolbar - it tries but comes up with a error message that it's trying to find a solution (doesn't).

I can access IE 11 via the Windows icon, but I prefer to use the desktop icon.  I've searched the internet for a fix and have asked my computer-savvy friends - no answer.

Any help you can give to me would be appreciated.

TIA
Reedman

1300 gallon pond - midnight & regular shubunkins/sarassa comets/white comets/rosy red minnows.

Offline SueSTx

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: INTERNET EXPLORER 11 ISSUE
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 04:47:29 AM »
It you flag it on the favorites in your toolbar, can you access it from there?

Offline Reedman

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 09:33:01 PM »
I just figured it out.  I disabled the new Avast (anti-virus) add-on.  Thanks.
Reedman

1300 gallon pond - midnight & regular shubunkins/sarassa comets/white comets/rosy red minnows.

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014, 01:19:16 PM »
I just saw your post Reedman and I was having all kinds of issues with IE. I searched for answers everywhere and even Yahoo who I have email with was no longer going to support it with upgrades. Also read something where it was extremely vulnerable to attacks because Microsoft wasn't up on upgrading security issues. Many recommended going with a different browser which I had been dragging my feet in even wanting to attempt. I DID however, switch to Google chrome and made it my default browser, it took probably all of 5 minutes to install if that and all of the issues I had before were gone. Slowness in loading pages (if at all) is gone. Chrome even has a feature for you to import all of your favorites to the bar for easy access: a win win for me. Hope this helps.
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline SueSTx

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2014, 01:32:35 PM »
Sometimes I have windows open in both IE and Chrome at the same time.  IE will lose connection and I will still be watching a movie on Chrome.  Movies were impossible to watch on IE, but doable with some delays on Chrome.  I will play games on FB and let the movie  spool for a bit.  Part of my issue is due to our provider, but there is only one choice where I live.

Multiple tasking is a good thing...right?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 01:34:40 PM by SueSTx »

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2014, 01:35:15 PM »
Works for me Sue!!  :D
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"